Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmalone100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
1. I have an Imac that I use for editing in final cut 7 but render and do all the work to my G Drive 2 Ter external hard drives.

2. Today out of nowhere my imac will not recognize any of my 4 hard drives I can plug and unplug and nothing happens..

3. I have not changed anything since yesterday when all was working well.

4. I have changed cables with new cables that I know work.

5. I plugged each hard drive in to my mac book pro and they pop right up no problem.

6. Finally, I have made sure everything is checked properly in finder/preferences, etc... as I said it was all working perfectly yesterday at time of close...

Now it's like my imac just doesn't read them... thank you in advance for your help.

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
Also check Disk Utility and see if this show up there at all. Peripherals sometimes just get a little out of whack.

michaelmac

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
Same thing happened with me a while back - the fix was one of those things that you read about and think no it can't be that. It was the power pack/cable. Used another one and it worked fine! Worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.