Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 24, 2002, 10:52 PM   #1
iJon
macrumors 604

Copying the Switch Commercials

Has it seemed like more and more commercials are like Apple's switch commercials. White background, people talking, different views. I was watching this coal miners movie on abc tonite and saw nikon commercial. It had val kilmer talking about this camera. If you didnt listen to the commercial you would have sworn it was a new apple switch commercial. I just wanted to see if all these commercials i see came out after apples or if apple got it from someone else. let me know what you guys think.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:52 AM   #2
Rower_CPU
Moderator emeritus

Many people have copied Apple's format. Why? Because it's simple, clean and eye-catching.

After all the loud (visually and audibly), flashy, fast cut, gaudy commercials people are used to seeing they really stand out.

TechTv has some nice ones:
http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/a...403577,00.html
Old Nov 25, 2002, 01:51 AM   #3
dricci
macrumors 6502a

A few weeks back some politicians used an almost exact copy for their campaign, and I think Hershey did, too.
dricci is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2002, 11:41 AM   #4
Trekkie
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
The TechTV ones are some of my favorite 'like' ads because they're not actually spoofs, they're just using the same format.
Trekkie is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion