Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 7, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1
dk206
macrumors member

Exclamation Forgot to place earpod back in the iPhone 5 box for refund collection

Hi MR (<- keeps reminding me of Magic Resist on L of L XD)

Courier came today to pick up my iPhone 5 (light leakage + static lines) White 32GB.

I placed all the accessories and even the sim removal tool in the box. however I just realised i forgot to wrap the earphones back in that small box!!!!!
It was annoying as hell trying to wrap it back in its original state so I was procrastinating until the very last moment and I completely forgot...

Will they reject my refund? or take off the earphones price off the refund?

(hope they go for the latter as I am getting a new iPhone and can have sell off the earpods which come with that.

Thanks
dk206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 02:15 PM   #2
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk206 View Post
Hi MR (<- keeps reminding me of Magic Resist on L of L XD)

Courier came today to pick up my iPhone 5 (light leakage + static lines) White 32GB.

I placed all the accessories and even the sim removal tool in the box. however I just realised i forgot to wrap the earphones back in that small box!!!!!
It was annoying as hell trying to wrap it back in its original state so I was procrastinating until the very last moment and I completely forgot...

Will they reject my refund? or take off the earphones price off the refund?

(hope they go for the latter as I am getting a new iPhone and can have sell off the earpods which come with that.

Thanks
Nobody knows for sure they just might let you keep it, don't want those germs getting into someone elses ears.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Mythz
macrumors newbie

I returned a phone with no charger cord or headphones was not charged the difference
Mythz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:01 PM   #4
DanielCoffey
macrumors 65816

The Good Karma thing to do is contact customer services and notify them that you have found the earphones and that you will hang on to them in case they want them back.

Be honest though. Chances are they will thank you for calling and tell you to keep them as spares for use with your replacement phone.
DanielCoffey is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Aniseedvan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
The Good Karma thing to do is contact customer services and notify them that you have found the earphones and that you will hang on to them in case they want them back.

Be honest though. Chances are they will thank you for calling and tell you to keep them as spares for use with your replacement phone.
Yep I did this with an online grocery order when they sent through a 18 bottle of spirits I hadn't ordered. There was no way they would have known but I would have felt guilty! They said to keep it and thanked me for my honesty. I went away with a warm feeling inside(and no not from the alcohol lol)
Aniseedvan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:28 PM   #6
adam044
macrumors 65816

just wait
adam044 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:41 AM   #7
dk206
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Nobody knows for sure they just might let you keep it, don't want those germs getting into someone elses ears.
Heyyy I don't have germs!! They are squeaky clean!!! XD
dk206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 06:46 AM   #8
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I don't think it matters because they probably would toss them if they were used or appeared to have been used.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:17 AM   #9
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

I can't honestly see them rejecting your refund over this..

I guess you'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't worry about it though.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:25 AM   #10
jayenh
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
I don't think it matters because they probably would toss them if they were used or appeared to have been used.
This, although what I think they are expecting people to do (with brand new sealed box replacements until they get white box refurbs) is put the brand new accessories in your old box and send your old phone back with them, keep the new phone and your old (used) accessories. Depends what they asked you to do on the phone, a friend claims they didn't want any accessories back. They told him he would receive a full retail box for his replacement but they would only want his phone back so he got a second pair of ear buds and a second charger.
jayenh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
earpods forgot refund