Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Well it's what everyone was waiting for, the update for multi-Window functionality. I believe it's rumored the GS3 will be seeing this update as well.

m.engadget.com/2012/11/07/sprint-samsung-galaxy-note-2-multi-window/?icid=eng_latest_art

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Since you don't understand, this obviously isn't for you. No way.

----------

To be fair, they're probably picturing it on their 3.5" screen. :apple:

I have a 4.5” screen considering I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. :eek: I l also have a 7" tablet that isn't the iPad Mini and I can't even see myself using multi-applications on that.

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
I have Cornerstone running on my HP Touchpad running CM9. I can run 3 apps simultaneously in three separate windows - read a book in Kindle on one window, take notes on Evernote on another window and check email in the other window. Its surprising and sad that Cornerstone did not take off, even with the CM crowd. It is open sourced, to boot.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2011
I have a 4.5” screen considering I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. :eek: I l also have a 7" tablet that isn't the iPad Mini and I can't even see myself using multi-applications on that.

I can't imagine I would ever want to watch a video on my iPhone screen, still, many people do.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

I wish I could use it on my 4S right now so I could watch a busy group message going on while browsing this in tapatalk. But I'm flipping back and forth....

You just have no use for it. I would.....wish it was part of stock Android too...

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
man this phone looks nicer and nicer everyday. i was going to get a win8 phone, but im seriously considering one of these.

now which OS is left with no multi window feature?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I have Cornerstone running on my HP Touchpad running CM9. I can run 3 apps simultaneously in three separate windows - read a book in Kindle on one window, take notes on Evernote on another window and check email in the other window. Its surprising and sad that Cornerstone did not take off, even with the CM crowd. It is open sourced, to boot.

Cornerstone is sick!

On an HP....
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MedNfbKVMSM

I messed with it on my Xoom before I went back to stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.