Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Fantoni
macrumors member

A new tablet stand from Belkin

Hi, I'm looking for an iPad stand: it has to be light-weight, stable and with al least 2 positions (typing and video watching).

I've just found a new tablet stand from Belkin: the Belkin Tablet Stand.
It is a very simple product intended for the educational market but I think that it could have a more broad appeal especially if more colours are added. It has two positions 15 degrees (typing) and 120 degrees (video watching). It is made of plastic and its colours are a bit childish (but the grey one is pleasant). Price is around $ 20,00.

Here is some press stuff from Belkin US:
http://www.belkin.com/us/pdf?pCode=P...Code=B2B026-00 (PDF)
http://www.belkin.com/images/media/h...26-01_0858.jpg (High Res Image)

What do you think about it? Any drawbacks? Do you know similar products I should consider?

Fantoni
Fantoni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:23 PM   #2
jedolley
macrumors 68000

I don't necessarily see any drawbacks, but I already have their Flip Blade Adjust or whatever it was called. This one arguably nicer looking, but probably not as portable as the other stand folds flat, but they both have the multi-angle feature.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Fantoni
macrumors member

Hi, the Belkin FlipBlade is very nice and portable but it has just one position (video watching).

The Belkin FlipBlade Adjust, on the contrary, has multiple positions, but it is bigger.

The problem with the Belkin FlipBlade Adjust is that, according to some reviewers, it wobbles a bit, especially when typing. Can you confirm this problem?

Fantoni
Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:04 PM   #4
jedolley
macrumors 68000

I have the FlipBlade Adjust. It was on sale at Best Buy for around $12 awhile back. I don't use the stand for typing very much, but have never had a problem when I did. The new stand looks very nice, but not enough where I would replace the one I got. Plus I like that I can fold the stand completely flat when not in use.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Fantoni
macrumors member

It seems that the Belkin stand I'm looking for is currently only for the US market I can't find any European retailer that sells it!

Just out of curiosity: Belkin says that the stand I'm talking about is available in "White/Gray", but I see it rather as "Lighter Gray/Gray"... What colors do you see it on your display?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:29 AM   #6
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantoni View Post
It seems that the Belkin stand I'm looking for is currently only for the US market I can't find any European retailer that sells it!

Just out of curiosity: Belkin says that the tablet I'm talking about is available in "White/Gray", but I see it rather as "Lighter Gray/Gray"... What colors do you see it on your display?
I just got the Cooler Master...Nice solid stand...E-Buyer had it for 12.99, not sure if they still do, but it's worth twice that....It's the first stand I've owned where I'm confident enough to go naked with my iPad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wavemaster.png
Views:	8
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	376336   Click image for larger version

Name:	wavemaster2.png
Views:	6
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	376337   Click image for larger version

Name:	wavemaster3.png
Views:	7
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	376338  

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:18 PM   #7
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantoni View Post

Just out of curiosity: Belkin says that the stand I'm talking about is available in "White/Gray", but I see it rather as "Lighter Gray/Gray"... What colors do you see it on your display?
When I first looked at the pic I thought it was aluminum with the grey rubber padding.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Fantoni
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
I just got the Cooler Master...Nice solid stand...E-Buyer had it for 12.99, not sure if they still do, but it's worth twice that....It's the first stand I've owned where I'm confident enough to go naked with my iPad.
Nice stand! And what a price! However at this point I'm inclined to buy the Belkin FlipBlade Adjust (the stand of jedolley). It has a great review (A) on iLounge... Strangely enough I can't find any good video review on YouTube
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:46 PM   #9
glen e
macrumors 68030

5 bucks each- store my 3 pads all over house this way....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:23 PM   #10
AJsAWiz
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to AJsAWiz
Thumbs up PadStand

I got the Pad Stand at, of all places, Macy's. After the One Day Sale price and my Macy's coupon I got 2 of them at 4.99 each. I keep one upstairs and the other downstairs. I like the way the rubber base grips the surface the stand sits on.

http://www.accessoryworkshop.com/Acc...-Products.html

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories