Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:25 PM   #1
teknikal90
macrumors 65816

Best office app with Dropbox support?

Hi all, juggling between several devices - Mac partition, windows partition, of laptop, work computer has caused me to rely on dropbox. The experience has been phenomenal! However, unfortunately, pages and numbers don't work with that awesome ecosystem!
Can anyone recommend me an alternative that does?
I know quick office pro hd and documents to go premium are up there...but which one is the 'best'. It's crucial that my formatting and formulas in excel aren't lost when I open it up on my ipad.

Any ideas??

Thanks all!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:17 AM   #2
jcborden
macrumors member

If you want to stay with Pages, Numbers, Keynote then check out SME Cloud File Manager (paid for) as they allow you to connect it to your DropBox account (and many others) and act as a WebDav client which does work with the Apple apps.

I have been using it for a while and it does work well. Alternatively you could use something like Office HD which has direct DB support and seems to work reasonably well.
jcborden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:27 AM   #3
blackbelter
macrumors member

Cloudon seems very promising, but I haven't used it extensively. It is free.
blackbelter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:56 AM   #4
Booji
macrumors regular

I've used Quick Office Pro HD for powerpoints - its OK but there are a lot of issues with formatting of existing slides and sometimes there are files that it just won't open.

However, as far as integrating with DropBox it does that very well.
Booji is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad