Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:46 AM   #1
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Interesting iPhone/Galaxy Drop Test. iPhone vs Galaxy vs Rocket

I guess iPhone's really are much tougher than the Galaxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAtExNKxHY
travis.hansen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis.hansen View Post
I guess iPhone's really are much tougher than the Galaxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAtExNKxHY
Cool video. Not exactly your everyday drop test haha!
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:32 AM   #3
MattBookBower
macrumors member

Saw the other one of these videos with the iPhone 5, thought that one was better cause it actually left the rocket!

Personally I think the S2 and S3 are very weak/flimsy device.

Last edited by annk; Nov 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Removed quote of and response to deleted post
MattBookBower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:39 AM   #4
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBookBower View Post
Saw the other one of these videos with the iPhone 5, thought that one was better cause it actually left the rocket!

Personally I think the S2 and S3 are very weak/flimsy device.
Yes I saw the iPhone 5 one too. I think that one went a lot higher too cause it seemed to free fall for a ridiculous amount of time. It was probably the weight that messed it up this time, an iPhone 5 is a bunch lighter than a galaxy and 4S.

Obviously they are weak and flimsy considering the Galaxy died with a broken screen and the iPhone was left unscathed.

Last edited by annk; Nov 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Clean-up
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:18 AM   #5
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

This is why we can't have nice things. People just do these stupid things with phones that people would kill for. Only in america amirite?
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:23 AM   #6
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
This is why we can't have nice things. People just do these stupid things with phones that people would kill for. Only in america amirite?
You only destroy things on purpose if there is something to be profited from doing it. Think about it, Mythbusters blows ****** up all day but the viewers they get pay for it plus some.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:28 AM   #7
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
You only destroy things on purpose if there is something to be profited from doing it. Think about it, Mythbusters blows ****** up all day but the viewers they get pay for it plus some.
Think about it, what the hell is the point of dropping a phone from a rocket? Makes as much sense as these blend and drop tests. Anything to turn a profit from people with less than 100 iq.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:48 AM   #8
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Think about it, what the hell is the point of dropping a phone from a rocket? Makes as much sense as these blend and drop tests. Anything to turn a profit from people with less than 100 iq.
Well I doubt you follow up on that YouTube guy considering there seems to be no logic in your mind but he's a Youtube Partner that makes a ton of iPhone how to vids and whatnot, but his reason for doing the first rocket drop test was actually to test if an iPhone could survive from terminal velocity.

There was a guy all over the internet for dropping his iPhone while sky diving from 13,000 ft and the phone survived, supposedly, so he wanted to test and see if it really could survive. Since iPhone reaches it's maximum fall rate fairly quickly, 13,000 would have been a redundant height and probably pretty dangerous and hard to find so instead he built a rocket to launch one to a sufficient height to reach terminal velocity.

Sounds pretty cleaver to me. Plus I love breaking expensive ****... Always have, but its better when I watch someone else break their own expensive ****... costs less anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:57 AM   #9
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Well I doubt you follow up on that YouTube guy considering there seems to be no logic in your mind but he's a Youtube Partner that makes a ton of iPhone how to vids and whatnot, but his reason for doing the first rocket drop test was actually to test if an iPhone could survive from terminal velocity.

There was a guy all over the internet for dropping his iPhone while sky diving from 13,000 ft and the phone survived, supposedly, so he wanted to test and see if it really could survive. Since iPhone reaches it's maximum fall rate fairly quickly, 13,000 would have been a redundant height and probably pretty dangerous and hard to find so instead he built a rocket to launch one to a sufficient height to reach terminal velocity.

Sounds pretty cleaver to me. Plus I love breaking expensive ****... Always have, but its better when I watch someone else break their own expensive ****... costs less anyway.
yeah I just hate when I drop my iPhone from my flight
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:08 AM   #10
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Quote:
yeah I just hate when I drop my iPhone from my flight
Well at least you know it would survive in usable condition if it did...

Last edited by annk; Nov 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Clean-up
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:09 AM   #11
travis.hansen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myiphone7 View Post
Cool video. Not exactly your everyday drop test haha!
You don't ever accidentally launch your phone by rocket? Lol

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone