Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:30 AM   #1
kannesss
Banned

...I really like my iPhone 5...

After reading everyone's reviews on their iPhone 5, I am more and more surprised that people don't like how light and thin It is. I remember using one of those Nokia brick type phones, and wishing for something like this. It's incredible how thin it really is.
So far, no problems at all. Wifi is working exactly the same as my 4S. Same signal, except LTE.
The only differences are the charger and the screen size. And it's pretty fast with switching apps as well.
Overall, I love it. And I really am confused on why so many do not.
kannesss is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Myiphone7
Banned

I like my iPhone 5 too but...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	375863  
Myiphone7 is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Bruins Fan
macrumors member

Know what? Me too! I'm almost a week into owning my first, an iPhone 5, and I'm loving it. No issues at all, it even looked perfect out of the box. And Verizon LTE has been great. Very happy so far
Bruins Fan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:00 AM   #4
MGCP
macrumors member

I got mine yesterday and am pretty happy so far (although half way through syncing it with iTunes my laptop had an epic crash, will need to try again tonight to work out what the hell that was all about).

I am slightly mystified as to why some people have got really excited about it though. I came from a 4s and haven't noticed a huge increase in speed (how fast can web browsing or using apps get!). The screen seems fine, but again not hugely different and I don't have a strong opinion about the increase in size. I don't get LTE on my network so that is one improvement I unfortunately don't benefit from so perhaps that is the "big deal".

All in all it has some nice tweaks from the 4s but as I said, nothing that gets me very excited.
MGCP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Alag28
macrumors 6502

such a great phone isnt it....
Alag28 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:01 PM   #6
sawah
macrumors 6502a

I've had a few iPhones, but I definitely love this one the best. It came unscathed out of the box and hasn't given me any serious issues since I got it. It was very worth it to upgrade.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:02 PM   #7
scaredpoet
macrumors 603

Same here. I did have a scuff issue with my first one, but I had it replaced with a second, flawless iPhone 5, and I've been totally happy since.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:12 PM   #8
Charadis
macrumors 6502a

I love my iPhone 5. <3
Charadis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 02:40 PM   #9
malias4
macrumors 6502

I will love it as soon as the post office driver brings it home tomorow or monday
malias4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:06 PM   #10
LearnIIBurn
macrumors member

I love mine more now that its starting to get the normal wear and tear on it. Makes me feel a lot less guilty once its scratched up.
LearnIIBurn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:17 PM   #11
Ramio
macrumors 6502

I used to love my AT&T iphone 5 16gb and now love my iphone 5 32gb even more especially after I sold my 6 week old 16gb for $800 on the bay and bought my 32gb still sealed in the box for $485 ;-). Must be the deal of the century :-)
Ramio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:45 PM   #12
YungMoola94
macrumors regular

How did you get it for $485?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramio View Post
I used to love my AT&T iphone 5 16gb and now love my iphone 5 32gb even more especially after I sold my 6 week old 16gb for $800 on the bay and bought my 32gb still sealed in the box for $485 ;-). Must be the deal of the century :-)
How did you get it for $485
YungMoola94 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:46 PM   #13
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

I have had a couple iPhone before I had gotten the 5 most recently. This is the best phone I have ever had in my life. Also had a Blackberry and Android phone, they both are terrible. I couldnt imagine ever leaving Apples combination of style, feel, and software.
iHailCarlo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMoola94 View Post
How did you get it for $485?

----------

How did you get it for $485
Some guy listed it on ebay and I bought it within a few seconds after the auction was listed. To be honest with you, I thought it was a scam since the guy never sold on ebay before and only had 6 feedback but I said what the hell. I'll give it a shot and worst case I'll get my money back through ebay if its a scam. I received the phone in the mail yesterday and it was still sealed and been using it since and it's all perfect :-)

Last edited by Ramio; Nov 8, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Ramio is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:37 PM   #15
loskickking23
macrumors 6502

That's what you call having good luck .. Lol... Nice pickup !!
loskickking23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:05 PM   #16
sviato
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Some guy listed it on ebay and I bought it within a few seconds after the auction was listed. To be honest with you, I thought it was a scam since the guy never sold on ebay before and only had 6 feedback but I said what the hell. I'll give it a shot and worst case I'll get my money back through ebay if its a scam. I received the phone in the mail yesterday and it was still sealed and been using it since and it's all perfect :-)
Wow, that's very lucky. You should play the lottery before this kind of luck runs out

Last edited by sviato; Nov 8, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
sviato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:11 PM   #17
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

Like mine too, except for the loose battery, yellowish screen, Invalid SIM error, other than that it is nice.
Rocko1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:12 PM   #18
chakraj
macrumors 65816

I really like your iphone 5 also.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:24 PM   #19
andyx3x
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

You had better hope this phone is not stolen. Something is very fishy here.
andyx3x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:30 PM   #20
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx3x View Post
Well I think it's fine, he got the phone for $299, charged $450 so that's about a $150 profit then goes back to using his old phone.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:31 PM   #21
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

Quote:

No picture of the actual phone yet the plastic is opened? Strange... Paypal has great protection though.
Rocko1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:32 PM   #22
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyx3x View Post
I had him activate it so it all good
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:36 PM   #23
dmelgar
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannesss View Post
Overall, I love it. And I really am confused on why so many do not.
I'm amazed as well about how many people complain about anything Apple related on this site. I think its a general public perception that Apple is down so lets attack anything they make or do, no matter how good it is. I've heard lots of noise about imagined problems while remarkably little noise of competitors problems.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:37 PM   #24
Myiphone7
Banned

Well mine was $199 on AT&T. Of course mines under contract ugh.

But I wouldn't be with anyone else for the next 2 years.
Myiphone7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 05:38 PM   #25
Ramio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
No picture of the actual phone yet the plastic is opened? Strange... Paypal has great protection though.
Strange?!..lol. I was using the phone to take the pics. As far as i know, there us no feature yet allowing the phone to take a pic of itself. I opened the plastic. Here is a pic of the phone I just took with my wifes iPhone. This is what I call a deal!

Last edited by Ramio; Nov 8, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone