Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:58 AM   #1
pugthepig
macrumors newbie

Why can't other's open my docs created in Pages when I attach to an email?

I can't figure out what is wrong. Whenever I create a document using Pages on my iMac I can't share it by simply attaching it to an email. No one can open it from the email. I've been forced to send it to my self, open it in Google Docs and then sharing the link for Google Docs. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong and how to fix it?
pugthepig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

This will depend on what format you are saving the file in, and what application your buddies are using to view it.

You can save Pages files in a number of different formats, docx included. If you want just about everyone to be able to open and view them, then try saving as an rtf ( rich text format ) file...this is a cross platform format and should do the trick.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:37 PM   #3
RITZFit
macrumors 65816

Try saving in PDF. I do this for collaboration as I do not know what word processor everyone is using and I want my document to retain its formatting.
RITZFit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:29 PM   #4
sviato
macrumors 68000

They might be using Microsoft Word like the rest of the world and you're not saving as a compatible file
sviato is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:22 PM   #5
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

Yeah, if you're going to use a non-standard program, you should be mindful and cater to what everyone else uses, Word. Go to Share>Export and export as a word document. If you have a lot of formatting, I would suggest exporting it as a PDF to maintain that.

I use Pages and don't even have Word installed on my computer, and this has worked for me for years.
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion