Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1
BASRPH
macrumors member

Itunes Acct for 2 persons

My wife and I have 1 IMac, 1 IPhone, and 2 IPads. We presently have one ITunes acct. She is wanting to get and IPhone in a few months and was wondering if it is necessary for each of us to have our own ITunes acct? What would be the limitations for sharing and acct.?
BASRPH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Mal
macrumors 603

I would keep one iTunes account to share, so you don't have to buy apps/music twice, but maybe consider separate iCloud accounts if she wants her own mail, contacts, backups, etc.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:33 AM   #3
BASRPH
macrumors member

In order to do messaging from one Apple product to another, like IPad to Ipad, do we need 2 ICloud or 2 ITune accts? An ITune acct is free but there is a cost for ICloud, is that correct?
BASRPH is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
You can get iCloud for free, you just have to pay for more storage past 5 GB.

As far as using iMessage goes, you just need an Apple ID or a phone number. If you already have two Apple IDs you're good to go. Said ID can be an iCloud email address, or GMail or Hotmail or whatever you happen to have.

You can read more about iMessage here, and more about iCloud here.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store