Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:58 AM   #1
anubis1980
macrumors member

Good experience with customer service

Well, i upgraded my ipad 3 to a 4 (as the three was slowing down sporadically since ios 6) the 4 does exactly the same.

I called apple asking for help on it, if it was a known issue etc.

A very nice lady arranged for a replacement to be sent out, got this in 2 days. However i get exactly the same slowdown on it (stuttering then quick again) with no apps installed just an empty ipad. More over the screen is shocking, very poor brightness and a blue line down the side (and some dust under the screen)

i emailed the lady from apple, 1 minute later i get a call. They are picking up the replacement pad, as a good will gesture (i didn't even ask) they are refunding 80 into my card.

She also admitted that ios 6 isn't very good, she doesn't know how long it will take to fix it or IF it can be made as quick as 5.1.1 was on my 3. She apologised again.

So down side is the sporadic slowness on my 4 but the upside is a very good customer service experience. A rare thing these days!

Just thought i would share as i didn't expect such good service after all I have heard about Apple.
anubis1980 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2
saving107
macrumors 603

Maybe I mis-read your post, but what exactly is "slowing down sporadically"?
saving107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:20 AM   #3
anubis1980
macrumors member

when im using it in safari (facebook and some games too) there may be a slow down of the screen (bit jerky, you have to move screen up and down a few secs to clear it) there are a couple of posts by other people on here about it on theirs too.

Sorry its very hard to explain. Never used to happen on 5.1.1 was so smooth (the ipad 3 i had) and now its not.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4
DJinTX
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1980 View Post

She also admitted that ios 6 isn't very good, she doesn't know how long it will take to fix it or IF it can be made as quick as 5.1.1 was on my 3. She apologised again.
Did the Apple Rep really say this or are you paraphrasing? If she did say this, seems like her job may be in jeopardy because those calls are typically recorded. I doubt Apple wants their people saying their mobile OS is "not very good". Saying there is a known issue would be fine. Or acknowledging that your issue is real but not common would be fine. But saying iOS 6 is not very good is not a good response. Even as a customer, I don't want to hear this.
DJinTX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:50 PM   #5
anubis1980
macrumors member

Paraphrasing , I read/heard it as version 6 isn't good compared to 5 and thy are working to make it better

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad