Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:37 PM   #1
h3ctic
macrumors newbie

Mac Mini OS X Server 6 Extremely slow "all of a sudden"

After one of my clients tried to transfer some licence information/usage from the server to a memory-key/hard-lock so that one of the users could use their program off-site their server is now extremely slow. This process involved following this:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/RemoteKeyUpgrade

The server is now almost impossible to use, even opening up Terminal takes 2-3 minutes.

I've done several restarts, checked that there is sufficient hd-space and enough memory free. Also there are no programs hogging the cpu. System update found no updates. No antivirus-program installed.

I did try to open Server Admin and tried to look for some log-info, but got error-msg saying "Could not connect to <name>.local" (where <name> is the servername)

Any ideas on how to figure out this problem?
h3ctic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking