Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2011
The problem with reselling an iPad mini is the low price point to begin with. If a new mini comes out next year with retina for $329 then the current model will probably drop to $229 for a brand new one.

That means that most people selling used on craigslist or ebay will have to take a further hit down to around $150. Even then, the 7" android tablets that are $200 will be significantly better and most people will be weighing the differences between getting a $200 7" retina style android vs getting a $150 non retina ipad mini.

Also, the fact that Google is making its own tablet means that it will step up the quality of Android. Google is after all the main developer of the Android os. Expect to see Android os coming on par with ios in the near future.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I do not see the mini outselling iPads. The mini is the new kid on the block and there is lots of interest. I think the iPad will do quite well after the mini dust settles. Wish Apple would give iPhone users more choice!

In the end it is not important which sells more. What is important is that the mini gives users a choice. Choice is good. ;)

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I can see the mini ultimately outselling the regular, perhaps not this generation but the next.
It's cheaper - that's key. That's why 16GB iPads outsell the bigger capacity ones.
The mini ultimately appeals to a wider demographic too. Children, women, casual users for whom high power gaming and productivity are not important.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.