Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1
TheNewDude
macrumors 6502a

Cellular Network option missing in unlocked iPhone 5

Hi guy,
I tried searching for this for a while but didn't find anything specific.

Just out of curiosity I was looking for the "APN Setting" being used by my phone.

I have a TELUS mobility iPhone 5 which has been permanentally unlocked.

I however do not see any APN settings option. I see no "Network" option or "Cellular Network Settings" option in the Settings of my phone.

Anyone have the same issue?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:47 AM   #2
TheNewDude
macrumors 6502a

No one else have this issue?
Everyone has that setting on there iphones?

Am I the only one with a moody iPhone?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Infinitygraphix
macrumors member

you should see it in setting -> general -> cellular network -> cellular data network (or similar, my phone is in french) -> APN (i think it should be isp.telus.com
Infinitygraphix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:11 AM   #4
ProudLoz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
No one else have this issue?
Everyone has that setting on there iphones?

Am I the only one with a moody iPhone?
My AT&T unlocked iPhone 5 does the same thing. If I put a T-Mobile Sim, it'll show the APN settings, but if I put the AT&T sim back, it hides them. I don't understand why it does that, it could be because AT&T is an official carrier and so it doesn't need the APN settings to be messed with, it automatically sets them. Or, it could be because it was originally a carrier locked iPhone, it'll always hide the APN settings once it detects it's previous official carrier sim. I don't know, this is just a guess but mine hides the APN settings on my AT&T sim despite it being unlocked.
ProudLoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:56 PM   #5
TheNewDude
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudLoz View Post
My AT&T unlocked iPhone 5 does the same thing. If I put a T-Mobile Sim, it'll show the APN settings, but if I put the AT&T sim back, it hides them. I don't understand why it does that, it could be because AT&T is an official carrier and so it doesn't need the APN settings to be messed with, it automatically sets them. Or, it could be because it was originally a carrier locked iPhone, it'll always hide the APN settings once it detects it's previous official carrier sim. I don't know, this is just a guess but mine hides the APN settings on my AT&T sim despite it being unlocked.
Well in my case I'm putting in a non original carrier sim in my phone.

When i pop the SIM card out, those settings dont' show up.

But I am thinking it's probably a carrier thing. Some carriers allow you to play with the APN and others don't.
I will have to find another SIM and try using the phone to see if the APN settings are viewable.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting