Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turyaboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Yes that's right while watching youtube vids it goes from okay to blurry to okay again then blurry every minute or so!! And also every vid seems to stop at about 6mins have I got a moody I pad? It was brought from new only one month ago! This has only just started happening though and it hasn't been dropped! Any suggestions??

ewilson6

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2006
Yes that's right while watching youtube vids it goes from okay to blurry to okay again then blurry every minute or so!! And also every vid seems to stop at about 6mins have I got a moody I pad? It was brought from new only one month ago! This has only just started happening though and it hasn't been dropped! Any suggestions??

Its your internet connection...wi/fi in your house is broadband...3G on cellular network is not broadband so the quality does not load as fast because of bandwidth limitations.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
What you're encountering is known as buffering. As the previous poster noted it is due to the speed and bandwidth offered by your Internet connection. This has been with playback of streaming audio/video since the Internet launched. Either wait for the loading bar to finish before trying to playback the video or the playback marker will catch up to where it finished loading before you tried to do two things at once and stop to let the following rest of the video finish processing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.