Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 8, 2012, 07:52 PM   #1
cang87
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Question iPad 4 & Mini - LTE - Europe Release!

If 16th Nov. would be the release date for pick up from Apple Stores(not pre-order); is it going to be only for U.S? OR also for the countries which they always had same release dates for the previous devices? (Like U.K, Germany, Canada etc. was always going same with U.S)

If not, when you think we can be able to buy from any Apple Stores in Europe?
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

Last edited by cang87; Nov 9, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2
cang87
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Any replies?
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:31 AM   #3
ramb27
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto.on.ca
Unhappy

I guess no replies means no one knows when these will be available outside the US both in retail stores and for online order deliveries.

I ordered a mini within a minute of pre-ordering started on Oct 26. Called and complained to Apple since it still says "Available late-November". The agent didn't have an answer for the delay and couldn't give a date for retail availability either.

I am planning to buy it locally if it becomes available in Canadian Apple Stores/resellers before the pre-order arrives and then cancel the pre-order.
ramb27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:57 AM   #4
cang87
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb27 View Post
I guess no replies means no one knows when these will be available outside the US both in retail stores and for online order deliveries.

I ordered a mini within a minute of pre-ordering started on Oct 26. Called and complained to Apple since it still says "Available late-November". The agent didn't have an answer for the delay and couldn't give a date for retail availability either.

I am planning to buy it locally if it becomes available in Canadian Apple Stores/resellers before the pre-order arrives and then cancel the pre-order.
I got same reply from the manager of Apple Store in Munich. As an example he said me that they leraned the iPod 5th Gen.'s coming to store just 2 hours before they receive it. That's why he can not give me a certain day as he doesn't know it yet.

At least seeing some further steps in U.S for now is a good sign that next week we'll be able to learn the answer of this question.. Hopefully!
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

Last edited by cang87; Nov 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:27 AM   #5
cang87
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
On iMore's iPad 4 and Mini review's it's written that the release date in U.S, Canada, Germany, etc. 16th Nov.

On the other side even if I pre-order now, (at Munich) I don't think I can receive it in the 1st pack. Right?
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:47 PM   #6
ramb27
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto.on.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by cang87 View Post
On iMore's iPad 4 and Mini review's it's written that the release date in U.S, Canada, Germany, etc. 16th Nov.

On the other side even if I pre-order now, (at Munich) I don't think I can receive it in the 1st pack. Right?
Good to know that they are available to us at the same time of release in the US.

I doubt you will be included in the first batch if you order one now.
ramb27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:56 PM   #7
THFourteen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Any chance you could change the thread title to a question mark instead of!

I get excited every time I see it, then I remember.

16th is not for Europe.
THFourteen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:01 PM   #8
cang87
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by THFourteen View Post
Any chance you could change the thread title to a question mark instead of!

I get excited every time I see it, then I remember.

16th is not for Europe.
Changed it..

Yes now I think it's not going to be 16th for Europe. If that would be, we would have 'Shipping in 7 work days' or something like that too.. In my opinion we will see that shipping dates next week and it will be 21st. What do you think about the possibility of that?
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:46 PM   #9
THFourteen
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
i'm still not sure.

my order was placed at 8.01, which was 1 minute after it opened, and it says "Available to ship: Late November"

so that suggests to me it won't ship until the week of the 26th Nov, and should arrive some time that week or early December
THFourteen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:09 PM   #10
cang87
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by THFourteen View Post
i'm still not sure.

my order was placed at 8.01, which was 1 minute after it opened, and it says "Available to ship: Late November"

so that suggests to me it won't ship until the week of the 26th Nov, and should arrive some time that week or early December
I see.. Maybe next week our shipping dates shifts to some days before like happened to U.S customers.. (At least to the early twenties of November) Cause the only thing makes me feel positive is that I don't think they will put 2 weeks difference between the U.S and Europe which they never did before..
__________________
- C.G -
iPhone 5 - Black, 32 GB
iPad Mini - White, 64 GB - Wi-fi + Cellular
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:12 PM   #11
Neil McRae
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
if it is the 16th then we would have seen credit card activity by now and pretty sure we haven't. I think at the earliest it'll be the 23rd.
Neil McRae is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Hope1000
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Ipad mini LTE UK release date

Any news folks on the uk release date for the Ipad mini LTE UK? I have 2 wifi mini's that I need to return by the 16th for a full refund. It would be good to pick up an LTE version at the same time.
Hope1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: New iPad Mini AT&T Denver no LTE hexonxonx iPad 9 Jun 7, 2013 11:33 AM
iPad: Ipad mini LTE Model No. for Europe georgyano22 iPad 0 Nov 27, 2012 07:35 AM
Will iPad mini's in the US and Europe have different LTE bandwidths? Yixian iPad 0 Oct 27, 2012 10:00 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC