Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xelaetaks

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2011
Not sure what it is but my iPad has been acting very weird in the past few weeks. It randomly goes slow sometimes and I also have to exit Safari when web pages don't load and it seems to work again after restarting it.

I have had iPad's since the first one so I know how they work and the iPad 3 has starting doing this in the last few weeks. I also have restarted it and drained the iPad's battery and charged it fully, none of that really makes a difference. It just seems to glitch randomly and it seems fairly often now.

It sometimes even glitches in such a way that the whole iPad freezes for a minute and the home button doesn't even do anything.

Last edited:

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
When i had the 3 it used to go slow sometimes since upgrading to ios 6. the 4 also does this as well. It didn't freeze though. Might be a pain, but a restore might help? (it didn't fix the slowness issue for me but might fix the freezing)

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
I had that problem with my ipad 3 and I had not even upgraded to iOS 6.0

Sold my iPad 3, bought the 4 and haven't had any issues so far. My wifi is as fast as can be and never hangs loading web pages.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
before the update (6.0.1) when watching videos if I press the home button the sound of the video used to keep playing and you couldn't get rid of it.

Its fine now though. Weird

SouthsideJohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
Not sure what it is but my iPad has been acting very weird in the past few weeks. It randomly goes slow sometimes and I also have to exit Safari when web pages don't load and it seems to work again after restarting it.

I have had iPad's since the first one so I know how they work and the iPad 3 has starting doing this in the last few weeks. I also have restarted it and drained the iPad's battery and charged it fully, none of that really makes a difference. It just seems to glitch randomly and it seems fairly often now.

It sometimes even glitches in such a way that the whole iPad freezes for a minute and the home button doesn't even do anything.

Yes. All of that, and occasionally it doesn't shut itself off -- display dims but stays on and battery runs down.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Mine randomly loses its WIFI connection and facetime is buggy now. The WIFI issue was pre-iOS6. The facetime not connecting is post-iOS6.

iOS6 actually made my iPad3 snappier. Safari is much faster now. Im afraid to ask for a new iPad as this one has a good screen.

Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.