Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fissure

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Need the cellular Mini to be optimal. Didn't look like it charges. Maybe they can wire in the cable to the cars power and somehow cover the input into the Mini.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
Does it charge, ah no.
Does it connect to the cars sound system, nope.
Can it Bluetooth to the cars radio, sorry we removed it.

Pretty ain't it

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Having an iPad in the car is cool, but iPads aren't really designed for the temperatures and vibrations found in cars.

jcr918

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2012
This is awesome but the guy posting it I am 100% sure is not the customer. Great way to advertise your service

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Looks more like a proof-of-concept than prime time ready. Perfect for a concept car or a Bond movie.

But very nicely done.

children

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Really needs a charger and LTE to be effective, how much does it cost you reckon?

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle

Agreed, just because something can be done doesn't mean it should. I'm not sure what you gain by putting a wifi only ipad into a car. No Nav, No internet, sure you can listen to music/videos but I think this is just a hipster look at me deal. I don't get it.:eek:

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Looks more like a proof-of-concept than prime time ready. Perfect for a concept car or a Bond movie.

But very nicely done.
It looks cool and all and I really do believe Apple will move their way into cars so im not arguing, but a large reflective screen with text sizes intended to be read at a close distance seems a bit dangerous. Even with Siri then I'm finding its not as hands free as it should be because choosing GPS locations or approving commands requires extra tapping.

But functionality aside, it does seem like a fun project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.