Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:09 AM   #1
gc15
macrumors regular

Best way to sync iPhone and iPad to new computer.

I just recently got a Mac and I'm wondering what's the best way I should try to transfer my data without losing it. Also what's the best way to get my music library and app library from my old computer to the new one? My main concern with syncing is I'm afraid I will lose all my contacts, photos, notes, and apps on my phone. Could I sync some of that to iCloud, but how much can I sync to that? I'm open for whatever suggestion anybody can give me.
gc15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:33 AM   #2
aDRock1154
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc15 View Post
I just recently got a Mac and I'm wondering what's the best way I should try to transfer my data without losing it. Also what's the best way to get my music library and app library from my old computer to the new one? My main concern with syncing is I'm afraid I will lose all my contacts, photos, notes, and apps on my phone. Could I sync some of that to iCloud, but how much can I sync to that? I'm open for whatever suggestion anybody can give me.
I would set up "Backup to iCloud" if you haven't already. It will backup everything minus photos (not sure about the photos, but I think there's a limit).

I would plug in your iPhone and right click on the device. Click on "Transfer purchases" and that should push all your content into iTunes.

Make sure your content went into iTunes before making any further backups (locally).

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting