Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:02 AM   #1
adamj575
macrumors 6502

buying/selling/trading forum

I am in the market for a used older spec'd imac 27 inch. I really want to be able to gain access to the marketplace forum on this site...how good is it on macrumors?...am i wasting my time trying to build up my post count (legitimately) to gain access? or is it a good place to get good deals...

----------

I just re-read the rules. I dont think I have violated any rules by asking this question...If I have I am sure this thread will be deleted and I am sorry in advance to the mods....
adamj575 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:49 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj575 View Post
I am in the market for a used older spec'd imac 27 inch. I really want to be able to gain access to the marketplace forum on this site...how good is it on macrumors?...am i wasting my time trying to build up my post count (legitimately) to gain access? or is it a good place to get good deals...

----------

I just re-read the rules. I dont think I have violated any rules by asking this question...If I have I am sure this thread will be deleted and I am sorry in advance to the mods....
The market place section is a good one here. I have traded and sold items and the experience has been a positive one, its a good safe place to sell and buy in my experience.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:13 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

I love the marketplace. I got a part for $20, that was easily $100+ on eBay. Great place to just waste money in general. You'll want that iMac, but will probably come out with an AirPort Express, speakers, etc along with it.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4
alphaod
macrumors Core

Well, if you're selling, don't expect ebay like prices because most people know what they want and how much it's worth. Reselling is frowned upon (i.e.: you buy something that's out-of-stock, and resell it for much higher). You should always say how you expect people to pay, and preferably how you will ship it; posting pictures will draw more buyers and take high quality ones.

Buying you can get a good deal, but you do need to use your smarts. Do research before you buy and compare prices. When you make offers, consider if you were the seller would you sell it for a lot lower than asking price? Bargaining over a dollar here and there is annoying in my opinion, and something I tend to avoid, but most people do it anyways. Most people ask for PayPal and some ask for gift payments. It's really up to you how you pay people.

I don't do trades unless it's local.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback