Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:31 PM   #51
Macky-Mac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvusCamenarum View Post
....So white, also because (other than the numbers game - whites are still somewhere north of 70% of the total) the left has pretty much abandoned that demographic in favor of the minority and/or hyphenated-American voting blocs. Winning from the outside in rather than the inside out:
Image ....
Looking at your graphic it seems that the GOP has already captured the various categories of the white vote. The problem it has is not that they haven't been trying to attract white voters hard enough, but rather that they've maxed out any benefit they can get from trying to attract more white voters. At the same time they're losing non-white voters that they might otherwise be expected to attract
Macky-Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:09 AM   #52
hulugu
macrumors 68000

The chart from V-Dare is built around breakdowns of voters for Romney, arguing essentially that the core of America voted for Romney, but fringe demographics were more likely to vote for Obama.

But, it's kind of a weird chart conceptually because it essentially argues that Mormons are a core group (6 million members approximately), but Single Men are fringe (54 million approximately).
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:51 AM   #53
robanga
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
The chart from V-Dare is built around breakdowns of voters for Romney, arguing essentially that the core of America voted for Romney, but fringe demographics were more likely to vote for Obama.

But, it's kind of a weird chart conceptually because it essentially argues that Mormons are a core group (6 million members approximately), but Single Men are fringe (54 million approximately).
It doesn't really call it the core of America does it?, more the core of his voting block. I agree its an interesting chart.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:59 AM   #54
SactoGuy18
macrumors 68020

Send a message via Yahoo to SactoGuy18
I'll allow amnesty on the following condition: immigrant must demonstrate he or she was not convicted of a Federal or state felony crime or two Federal or state misdemeanor crimes within the last ten years while illegally here in the USA.

Why? Because I want to make sure those who get amnesty will become law-abiding resident aliens or eventually citizens, which means we won't get saddled with an even bigger criminal problem. Does anyone remember that wave of Cubans that arrived in the USA during the Mariel Boatlift, which brought a lot of criminal elements into the Miami area?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:02 PM   #55
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robanga View Post
It doesn't really call it the core of America does it?, more the core of his voting block. I agree its an interesting chart.
From the source article, which CC should have posted at the beginning.

Quote:
...And that leads to a broader conclusion: Obama's support lies in the fringes of American society, while Romney's is found in the core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoGuy18 View Post
I'll allow amnesty on the following condition: immigrant must demonstrate he or she was not convicted of a Federal or state felony crime or two Federal or state misdemeanor crimes within the last ten years while illegally here in the USA.
I'm assuming you mean beside current immigration laws? Would you include persons already in the immigration court system who have yet to adjudicated? And, would you allow people who have been previously convicted of immigration crimes to become citizens?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues