Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Hey guys,

Since I pre ordered my iPad 4 with cellular data at 3AM on the first day of pre orders and I have no shipping info other than November, I decided to call Apple (1-800 MY APPLE) to ask them what's up with my order.

So, the employee told me that they have no idea when they'll be available. How ever, she changed my shipping method to "expedited shipping" for free. I know it's still not giving me any date but I'm sure that once they'll be available, my iPad will be earlier at my door.

Hope it'll be useful to some of you.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Hey guys,

Since I pre ordered my iPad 4 with cellular data at 3AM on the first day of pre orders and I have no shipping info other than November, I decided to call Apple (1-800 MY APPLE) to ask them what's up with my order.

So, the employee told me that they have no idea when they'll be available. How ever, she changed my shipping method to "expedited shipping" for free. I know it's still not giving me any date but I'm sure that once they'll be available, my iPad will be earlier at my door.

Hope it'll be useful to some of you.

Fellow Canuck here... I'm up in the air on doing this also. What exactly did you say to the rep on the phone? did you just ask when it should be shipped?

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Fellow Canuck here... I'm up in the air on doing this also. What exactly did you say to the rep on the phone? did you just ask when it should be shipped?

I asked her if it would be shipping soon because it has been a long time since I ordered it and that I needed it ASAP and she offered me to ship it using the "expedited shipping" method for no additional fees.

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
Got expedited shipping earlier without asking since I complained about uncertain delivery date and explained that I took the trouble to order a mini at 3:01am ET on Oct 26.

Does anyone else (Canuck) has a date other than the vague "Available: Late November"?

Thanks.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Got expedited shipping earlier without asking since I complained about uncertain delivery date and explained that I took the trouble to order a mini at 3:01am ET on Oct 26.

Does anyone else (Canuck) has a date other than the vague "Available: Late November"?

Thanks.

still have the late november, but I'm going to call tonight and complain about the "date" and hopefully get expedited shipping as well.

chrismarle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Canada
Here's what I have.

http://twitter.com/gjac0m/status/267360913798086656/photo/1

Anyone mind to share their order status?

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca

Attachments

• iPad mini order.jpg
    iPad mini order.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 138

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
The US pre-orders are already getting shipping notifications for delivery between Nov 16 - 21.

Looks like our chances (and possibly everyone else's outside the US) of getting the pre-orders within the next couple of weeks are slim.

I am hoping Canadian Apple Stores will have them on the 16th or shortly after.

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
The US pre-orders are already getting shipping notifications for delivery between Nov 16 - 21.

Looks like our chances (and possibly everyone else's outside the US) of getting the pre-orders within the next couple of weeks are slim.

I am hoping Canadian Apple Stores will have them on the 16th or shortly after.

Hey, fellow Torontonian here... Is your order still processing with a late november ship date? or is it just me?

cang87

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
I'm at Germany and seems like we are on the same boat..also Like other european countries.. Today i asked at apple store and 2 different Genius said it can even be early december.. But i still think it will be available lately in 2 weeks.. They wont delay it to December while iTunes 11 is waiting and getting older since 2 months! :)

Last edited:

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
Hey, fellow Torontonian here... Is your order still processing with a late november ship date? or is it just me?

You are not alone in T.O.:) It is still late November for me:

Processing Items
Cancel Items

Qty: 1
iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular 32GB - White & Silver
Available: Late November
Recycling Fee

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Brutal... I hope we get our dates soon. I can see them releasing the cellular models next week ( a week after the USA) here in Canada.

Opus00

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I was at an Apple Store on the weekend and asked when the LTE mini would be available. One of the staff said they were told sometime in November but with no definite date.

I've ordered two LTE mini - one at 3:01am EST on launch date and one on Oct 30. Both still shows Late November but the one I ordered on Oct 30 let me chose a nano-sim from one of the carriers when I was ordering online. When it was ordered it had a delivery of early Nov but soon afterwards, I got an email from Apple that they have changed the delivery of the nano-sim to coincide close to the delivery of my iPad mini. The nano-sim now has a delivery date of between Nov 26 and Dec 3 so I'm hoping I'm gonna get it by the last week of Nov. I bought a wifi version to tie me over until the LTE version arrives and loving it so far. ;)

1080pr

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I was at an Apple Store on the weekend and asked when the LTE mini would be available. One of the staff said they were told sometime in November but with no definite date.

I've ordered two LTE mini - one at 3:01am EST on launch date and one on Oct 30. Both still shows Late November but the one I ordered on Oct 30 let me chose a nano-sim from one of the carriers when I was ordering online. When it was ordered it had a delivery of early Nov but soon afterwards, I got an email from Apple that they have changed the delivery of the nano-sim to coincide close to the delivery of my iPad mini. The nano-sim now has a delivery date of between Nov 26 and Dec 3 so I'm hoping I'm gonna get it by the last week of Nov. I bought a wifi version to tie me over until the LTE version arrives and loving it so far. ;)

Thats interesting, because I got my nano sim from Telus a few days after ordering my Ipad.

Opus00

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thats interesting, because I got my nano sim from Telus a few days after ordering my Ipad.

Interesting enough, the nano-sim just shipped today. No tracking information yet. The mini still shows late November.

Attachments

• Image 2012-11-12 at 5.03 PM.jpg
    Image 2012-11-12 at 5.03 PM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 107

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
As I posted in another thread, I phoned in last night and complained a bit about the lack of information. Ended up getting a free Smart Cover attached to my order, which shipped about 4 hours later. My SIM shipped out today as well. No change on my iPad itself.

Clint

iphone5-s

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
Uk Order

Hi

i ordered on 26 october iPad with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular 16GB - White

order status changed from late november to >>>>>>>>>

Processing Items Ships: 3 - 5 business days Delivers 22 Nov, 2012 - 26 Nov, 2012

Maritime Mac

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Hi

Processing Items Ships: 3 - 5 business days Delivers 22 Nov, 2012 - 26 Nov, 2012

Not sure how this applies to Canadian orders other than making us more frustrated. Thanks.

ramb27

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2007
toronto.on.ca
Hi

Canadian models are the same as the US AT&T - 4th gen A1459/mini A1454 and different from rest of the world models A1460/A1455. Apparently, the AT&T models, especially the mini supply is constrained even in the US based on various threads here. So there may be some manufacturing issues with these models.

I am guessing this is probably why our Canadian orders do not have any definite dates. I have called Apple many times and no one was willing to give a proper answer other than the same vague "Late November" on the order page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.