Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:04 PM   #101
domesposito
macrumors newbie

Come on, people. At least we're not on an Android device. Android's scrolling issues are normal, at a regular or rapid swiping pace.
domesposito is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:06 PM   #102
robertosh
macrumors 6502

Until Siri ask you for scratch her back i don't think that this can be a problem....
2014 iPhone 6 64Gb
robertosh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:07 PM   #103
tuc
macrumors regular

I noticed this on my iPhone5. I haven't owned any previous iPhone models, however, so I didn't realize it was a new issue.
tuc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:08 PM   #104
ezhilk
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorner View Post
Who the F ever scrolls like that anyhow?

I suppose this could be an issue in some games where you have to swipe really fast but even still. If it works properly on the 4, but not the 5 though they should definitely fix this up for the '5s'.
On the contrary, I've noticed this when I scroll on Safari on the iphone quite fast to get to the bottom of a webpage. It just didn't register the gesture a few times.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:09 PM   #105
cfs112
macrumors member

Even before this post I experienced this 'minor lag' when scrolling down on emails in my iPhone 5. Its barely noticeable but I have had the iPhone 4s so there is a difference. I hope there's a software fix for this down the line and that its not hardware related.
cfs112 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:10 PM   #106
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Moving your finger this fast will probably eventually cause CTS. Again, this issue doesn't affect the sensitivity of typing and swiping. It only manifests when you move your finger supremely fast. I was barely able to reproduce this and only slightly (not even sure if is my eyes or it's actually it).
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:10 PM   #107
skottichan
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to skottichan Send a message via MSN to skottichan
Just tried to replicate, granted I'm a lefty, so my first few tries where bottom right to top left. No problems either handed.
skottichan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:11 PM   #108
thbassplaya
macrumors newbie

No issues

I tested this for 60 seconds straight using the exact same method, and I could not replicate the issue. Even if I could it is hardly even an issue to be concerned about.
thbassplaya is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:12 PM   #109
iChrist
macrumors 65816

Wowww

I guess the real question is, how did that guys right arm become so good at that rapid back and forth motion...

Answer: Many lonely nights.

Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:12 PM   #110
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Talk about over reacting! Also if you push the home button 250 times in a row it breaks! Joking aside though, has anyone ever noticed strange colours just for a split second when unlocking the iPhone 5 from sleep? I have very good eyesight but sometimes I feel like there is a fast blue spot or screen burn for a second. Noticed this on several of iPhone 5s. Also happens when power button is pressed to wake up the screen. Maybe just the eyes playing tricks!
Defender2010 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:13 PM   #111
brdeveloper
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurix View Post
You are scrolling it wrong!
Ever disliked OSX 10.6 window dragging behavior through trackpad. For me it was a real bug by not allowing me to release the window immediately after dropping it. My only options were either for a delay time or a "drop-with-a-double-tap" approach.
brdeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:15 PM   #112
nfl46
macrumors 601

o_O, do people seriously just sit around and play with the iPhone ALL day to find flaws? I expect Apple to do so, but dangggg...some things are just plain ridiculous. No phone will be perfect! Who in the hell even moves there finger that quick scrolling through stuff..

Now, watch this "scrollgate" be over all the tech blogs.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:16 PM   #113
BruceEBonus
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to BruceEBonus
Are people being too "touchy" (geddit?) abIut this potentially damagin issue?.

Well no!

Readers ... Try this...

1) Go on to Google (or any search engine)
2) Type in "iPhone 5 touch"
3) See how long you keep can denying this isnt going to be a major problem

Thanks!
BruceEBonus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:20 PM   #114
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

Not a big issue in itself, but another in a long list of little issues with this phone. Each small enough for most people so dismiss it, but in total, it's bound to make the overall iPhone experience less than it's purported to be.

I will wait and expect the 5S to address most of these issues and be a rock solid phone.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:21 PM   #115
photographypro
macrumors regular

Fruit Ninja problem?

Maybe Fruit Ninja will issue an update, and we can all worry about something else!
photographypro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:23 PM   #116
frayne182
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographypro View Post
Maybe Fruit Ninja will issue an update, and we can all worry about something else!
It mentions that if you try it in the email app or settings it will happen as well.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:25 PM   #117
lkrupp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiMediaWill View Post
Typical, post Jobs, quality control issues.

EDIT: Tried it on my iPhone 5 and I have the same issue. Scrollgate
Two months for anybody to notice it and the first post is an Apple hating troll confirming it. No wonder MacRumors is now the laughingstock of supposedly Apple centric sites. And the post gets 17+'s. If that doesn't show who really inhabits MacRumors I don't know what does. A minor glitch that nobody knew about and we already have over 110 posts about it, most of which damn Apple to hell and back. What a crew here, what a crew.
lkrupp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:26 PM   #118
spyd4r
macrumors regular

How about you cover the battery issues a large amount of users are having.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:29 PM   #119
lkrupp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedrick View Post
Not a big issue in itself, but another in a long list of little issues with this phone. Each small enough for most people so dismiss it, but in total, it's bound to make the overall iPhone experience less than it's purported to be.

I will wait and expect the 5S to address most of these issues and be a rock solid phone.
Nonsense. Then you'll find something about that phone to moan and whine about. It never ends. Well it will end when Apple is dead and buried under the weight of idiots who are never pleased with anything the company does. Then the moaning and whining will shift to some other hapless manufacturer.
lkrupp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:29 PM   #120
Judas1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post
Two months for anybody to notice it and the first post is an Apple hating troll confirming it. No wonder MacRumors is now the laughingstock of supposedly Apple centric sites. And the post gets 17+'s. If that doesn't show who really inhabits MacRumors I don't know what does. A minor glitch that nobody knew about and we already have over 110 posts about it, most of which damn Apple to hell and back. What a crew here, what a crew.
It's okay to point out flaws in a product, even if you like the product.
Judas1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:29 PM   #121
futbalguy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEBonus View Post
Damn you for rushing out to buy it!

The moral of the tale?

Post-Jobs Apple are rushing out stuff that Steve would never have approved of or agreed on and are cashing in through greed and laziness.

Ipad Mini? Low res screen and slow processor What's that all about?

IPad 4? Hi res screen and faster processor? What's that all about a.

Ah...I see what you're doing now...we just buy the reviewed model six months later. Simple!

Remember folks... Don't buy the first PJ (Post Jobs) hardware release. Always the S model or the updated one six months later. Easy!

Hope this has been of some help
Jobs would have released all of these products. First, he released the iPhone 4 when he was told there would be antenna issues. Second, Jobs never cared about having the latest hardware specs in products. He definitely would not care about an issue triggered by scrolling like a mad man for an extended period of time.
futbalguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:30 PM   #122
jclardy
macrumors 68020

This is completely stupid. IF this was a hardware issue it would be reproducible in other apps.

I opened Safari, put it in landscape on nytimes.com, zoomed in so I had space to scroll and did the same "test". No issue.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:30 PM   #123
frayne182
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

So if the first post was someone praising Apple and calling them "the luxury brand equivalent to BMW" you would be alright with it?

The guy posted that he tried it and confirmed he is having the same issue. I'm happy he tried it. I also have the same issue and we have a right to be upset if it hinders certain games.... Mind you games I don't play.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:35 PM   #124
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

I noticed as my pressure changed it would lock up. I have been have issues with my screen locking up at other times such as when my call ends. I hope it is a software fix for iPhone 5 hardware. If it is hardware, I don't see Apple doing anything to fix it.
BornAgainMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:36 PM   #125
euphlyusUNO
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsQueen View Post
What if it's the accidental touch feature activating when you touch the edges as you scroll up and down/diagonally?

Spot on, at first i couldn't replicate it on my iphone 5, then when I tried it with an end to end scroll, I could replicate it.
euphlyusUNO is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion