Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Freakx45
macrumors newbie

Selling Unlimited Data Plan

Is it still possible to sell my unlimited 3G plan I currently have on my iPad 1? One of my colleagues stated that it was possible, but haven't found any concrete writings that it is.

If so, what steps do I need to take to sell it?
Freakx45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:48 PM   #2
penajmz
macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing you can by selling the SIM card to whoever would buy it.
penajmz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:10 PM   #3
MacIke
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakx45 View Post
Is it still possible to sell my unlimited 3G plan
I have a really good T-Mobile plan where people want to buy it, or at least the last time I checked.

As far as I can tell . . . it is possible with the cavet that you would (might) be liable for extra charges.

http://www.cellswapper.com/

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-my-phone-plan
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:23 PM   #4
shady825
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacIke View Post

As far as I can tell . . . it is possible with the cavet that you would (might) be liable for extra charges.
Exactly. I think the "account" would have to remain in the OP's name/credit info. If it were changed, the data plan would probably have to be changed, I'm guessing...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Freakx45
macrumors newbie

Thanks seems like more of a hassle than just getting rid of it
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:02 PM   #6
J&JPolangin
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Is it still possible to sell my unlimited 3G plan I currently have on my iPad 1? One of my colleagues stated that it was possible, but haven't found any concrete writings that it is.

If so, what steps do I need to take to sell it?
Quote:
Thanks seems like more of a hassle than just getting rid of it
Why would you want to get rid of it, you can't get it back if you want/need it again...If I had an unlimited plan that cheap, I would use the iPad and a prepaid cell as I don't think smart phones are the end all, be all that others think they are (the screen is too small)!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Freakx45
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&JPolangin View Post
Why would you want to get rid of it, you can't get it back if you want/need it again...If I had an unlimited plan that cheap, I would use the iPad and a prepaid cell as I don't think smart phones are the end all, be all that others think they are (the screen is too small)!
I barely use the data anymore. I needed it back when i traveled for work but now that i sit at a desk most of the day, i am connected to wifi. I cannot justify paying the $130 premium just for LTE on a new iPad and $30 dollars a month when I do not use it anymore.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:41 PM   #8
ZZ Bottom
macrumors 6502a

Read up some more on it before just abandoning it! I've seen people pay several hundred dollars for those sims. Apparently you will just have to change the credit card to like a prepaid debit with a month's balance on it. Then you have to change your account info to something temporary for selling purposes.

Essentially the buyer will have to log into the account and input their own info and CC before the next bill cycle to have the unlimited continue under their name.

Keep searching for more accurate details then what I gave. I would not forfeit the profit you can make from a few minutes of account changing. Also, you could look up some eBay postings for the same thing to sell what sort of disclaimer you need to make.

Good luck!
ZZ Bottom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:07 PM   #9
blackoutRF
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to blackoutRF Send a message via Skype™ to blackoutRF
I have one of these plans and all you need to do is either place a temporary prepaid CC on the account or make sure you have 30 days paid out so that the new owner logs in and changes the information to his CC information and that's that. Literally takes less than 10-15 minutes for it to all be done. It's all done through: att.com/ipadlanding

Can also be done from an iPad directly. PM me if you need any help.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:41 PM   #10
Nikhil72
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Nikhil72
Quote:
I barely use the data anymore. I needed it back when i traveled for work but now that i sit at a desk most of the day, i am connected to wifi. I cannot justify paying the $130 premium just for LTE on a new iPad and $30 dollars a month when I do not use it anymore.
Check your PM whenever you get a chance.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad