Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gquiring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
SC
I have an iPad 3 with 6.0.1 and I tried searching for something in the App store and it constantly gives me this message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I can browse apps, see the Top Charts, install apps, view Purchased apps but cannot search.

I logged out of my Apple ID from setting and the App store. I reset my network settings. I have rebooted several times.

On the same network is my iPhone 4 and it searches fine.

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
Internet is riddled with this issue. Report it to Apple, that's all we can do.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I have an iPad 3 with 6.0.1 and I tried searching for something in the App store and it constantly gives me this message "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I can browse apps, see the Top Charts, install apps, view Purchased apps but cannot search.

I logged out of my Apple ID from setting and the App store. I reset my network settings. I have rebooted several times.

On the same network is my iPhone 4 and it searches fine.

The below worked for me. Follow it precisely :) copied from another site.

Just ran into this problem with my i5 and old i4. This fix will work for both but needs a little update. First, double tap your home button and close out of all running apps. Next go to settings and move the date up a year. Go back and close the settings app. Jump into the iTunes Store and try to download/ do anything and get the error. After that, close everything again and open your settings and reset the year. Again, close settings (you should not open any other apps during this) and hop back into iTunes Store and it should work again. It did for both of my devices. This is after resetting as new and everything. HTH

gquiring

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
SC
It's an Apple issue, it's flooded with complaints in the Apple forums.

CRob44

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
not working for me, not a clue what im doing

thinking of returning mine, had it for 1 day so far

i dont even know how to close games or apps

i click games and its on some top games center games

how do i get out of it???

says cannot connect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.