Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:31 PM   #1
anonjd
macrumors member

Weird iPhone 5 scratching...?

My girlfriend has a white iPhone 5 and I installed the GLAS.tR for her and an incredible shield screen and body protection film set from SGP and clear protector for the sides from **********.

Today I noticed that at the very top -- I'm going to struggle explaining where the issue is, so please bear with me -- above the glass on the front but not on the bezel there is an area that pops up a bit and goes around the edge of the iPhone. At the very top there is a reddish discolouration. Picture the scratching of the bezel on the black iPhone, but at the very top edge and it's red.

She has never dropped her phone and it is always either sitting on a table or in a separate compartment in her bag, with nothing else in it.

Has anyone experienced or heard of anything similar?

It's not a huge issue for her, but I'm dying to know what caused this. Plus, I was considering having the same setup as her, but now I'm thinking I'll also get a bumper from SGP to protect the very top.

I can post pictures if I can get my hands on a camera as I am still currently waiting for my iPhone to ship.
anonjd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone