Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Check this out ... using it right now!

BASICALLY ... it allows you to increase/decrease text size in Sarari web pages, on the fly.

You simply drag two small links to your Safari bookmarks bar on your Mac/PC, sync across your devices via iCloud, then you can tap on the links to either increase or decrease font sizes on screen.

Really useful for reading in portrait.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with my fellow Mac Heads ...

http://marcos.kirsch.com.mx/2012/04/29/font-size-bookmarklets/

Last edited:

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
How about a description instead of forcing readers to click on a link to know what you're talking about?

Who's forcing you?

Take a chill pill, have a beer, listen to the ocean or stare at the stars ... I think you need something to sort your head out.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
How about a description instead of forcing readers to click on a link to know what you're talking about?

Agreed. No indication it's anything other than spam, which is a safe assumption for threads & links involving attractive-sounding titles yet are free of objective content.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
I think lelisa13p has a valid point.

Perhaps a paragraph about what this excellent tip is about to give people a valid reason for clicking on an otherwise unknown link.

Perhaps a good thread title, and a short introduction is the way to go for this kind of information.

can you see how it could look suspicious - its like saying 'Hey great idea...' ' click here....'

not much to go on is it?

But the advice on making bookmarklets for increasing/decreasing font sizes when browsing with an iPad Mini is good. (I already use this).

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Agreed. No indication it's anything other than spam, which is a safe assumption for threads & links involving attractive-sounding titles yet are free of objective content.

Green light on the spam threat ... description is now in place.

NASA ... we are now at D.E.F.C.O.N 3, stand down!

All sorted ...

;)

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
I think lelisa13p has a valid point.

Perhaps a paragraph about what this excellent tip is about to give people a valid reason for clicking on an otherwise unknown link.

Perhaps a good thread title, and a short introduction is the way to go for this kind of information.

can you see how it could look suspicious - its like saying 'Hey great idea...' ' click here....'

not much to go on is it?

But the advice on making bookmarklets for increasing/decreasing font sizes when browsing with an iPad Mini is good. (I already use this).

... beat you to it, bunny - ner, ner!

Description is loud & clear :eek:

----------

Thank you very much. :)

I aim to please ... must be the English gent in me :)

----------

Thanks for sharing, I've just added this to my bookmarks and it works very well.

... nice one, bud ;)

----------

Thank you very much. :)

Might want to add it to the other post (in this thread), if you haven't already.

DANG ... you is hard to please!

I believe you are what they call "high maintenance"?!

I'll take care of it now, your highness ...

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012

Ha ... it's nice to see a smile on your face.

I knew you could do it!

:D

----------

Isn't that why double tap and pinch to zoom exist?

Not being snarky I just don't see the point.

The point being (for those not quite lively enough to get it) that you can increase the text size, while keeping all of the text on the page.

Double tapping is nice, but you have to keep doing it to zoom in & out ...

With a retina display, you don't need to double tap ... just increasing the font size a tiny bit makes some small text "just right" for comfortable viewing.

Here's another tip for ya' ... you do not HAVE to use this tip that I provided. I was simply sharing because I know that some people will find some benefit in it.

Like I've said before, love it or leave it ... simple!

Let's keep it :apple:

----------

many people do see the point. There are a number of threads about this already.

Exactly, Mac ...

Thanks, buddy ;)

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Wow. Talk about some
Over reactions. Calm down people.

As far as being not lovely enough to get it. Maybe it's pointless to some who don't feel zooming is necessary or use the reader function. Or many other reasons. I get what it does. I just think there are many built in ways to handle it without having to hit bookmarks

But yah. This place is in a serious decline. Grow up Internet hero.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Not high maintenance; just believe in being consistent. :) The same questions here would also apply over there (in the other thread.)

I do appreciate your good humor. :)

BTW & FYI, text resizing (and saving for future visits) by web page is a feature built into Atomic browser for a long time.

AndyGarton

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
FWIW I prefer using the Mercury browser to achieve a similar thing, as it remembers your font size preference per site.

(Plus it also has a nice full screen mode and configurable multitouch gestures, makes it close to perfect for use on the mini IMO.)

Cockney Rebel

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
FWIW I prefer using the Mercury browser to achieve a similar thing, as it remembers your font size preference per site.

(Plus it also has a nice full screen mode and configurable multitouch gestures, makes it close to perfect for use on the mini IMO.)

Nice one.

I just prefer sticking to Safari because of the iCloud integration between my iOS devices & my Mac ...

Thanks for the recommendation, though ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.