|Nov 9, 2012, 06:04 PM||#1|
Wiping data from iPhone 4
I have just upgraded to the iPhone 5 and must say I am very happy with it! I'm looking for some advice on the best and most secure way of wiping all data from my old iPhone 4 before selling it on. I've read stories where people have sold their old iphone and because it was not wiped correctly the new owner has been able to send and receive messages via iMessage from the previous owners account. This would be the last thing I want!
I have done the following to my old iphone,
1. Connected it to iTunes and chosen to restore it.
2. After extracting and installing the new software and at the point where iTunes asks whether you want to use it as a new phone or back up from a previous iphone I have unplugged it.
3. After configuring the phone so that i can get to the home screen I then removed the SIM card which is now deactivated as my number has been ported to the new nano sim.
4. I have then turned off iMessage, FaceTime and then proceeded to go through settings and erase all data on the phone.
5. The phone now has no SIM card and is at the stage where you have to configure it like when it is new.
Will this suffice for a proper data cleanse? Sorry for the long winded post but I want to make sure that the phone is completely free of all data and not allow access to my iMessage etc thanks
|Nov 10, 2012, 01:54 AM||#3|
Reboot the phone and you should see the setup screen as if it were a brand new out of the box device. You are then good to go.
Life begins at 57
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.