Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:02 PM   #1
AlanKA
macrumors member

Enough with the gouge-your-eyes-out threads

Has anyone had enough with the "I used my iPad Mini for 10 minutes I now I have cataracts" threads?

WTH. The Mini screen isn't up to the 3/4 quality. But you'd think that the Raiders of the Lost Ark could have use the iPad Mini instead of the Arc in the final seen, that way everyone is talking here. Sheesh. It's not that bad!
AlanKA is offline   3
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:16 PM   #2
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

How bad can it be? There are more ppi than the original ipad, and that had one of the nicest screens ever.
filmbuff is offline   0
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3
glen e
macrumors 68030

cataracts.....

excellent point....
glen e is offline   1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:24 PM   #4
jbachandouris
macrumors 68000

And respectfully, I have had enough of the 'you need glasses' comments.

To each their own. Some like the mini, others don't.

I thought this was a community.
jbachandouris is offline   0
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Quantus
macrumors regular

Small text is fuzzy. Moreso than on the ipad 1 and 2, which had the same resolution.

Get over it. The fuzz is a legitimate criticism. Higher PPI is necessary for smaller tablet screens. Ipad 1 and 2 rendered the same point font better because it appeared larger on screen.
Quantus is offline   2
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:52 PM   #6
kas23
macrumors 603

I went to an Apple Store looking for an adaptor today. As I was walking towards the rear of the store, I accidentally caught glimpse of a Mini's screen. Needless to say, someone had to subsequently perform CPR on me and I had to be carried out on a stretcher. With my neck immobilized too, which I broke when I tried to advert my gaze too quickly. True story. Most don't live to tell it though. My prayers go out to them.
kas23 is offline   2
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:02 PM   #7
urkel
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKA View Post
Has anyone had enough with the "I used my iPad Mini for 10 minutes I now I have cataracts" threads?

WTH. The Mini screen isn't up to the 3/4 quality. But you'd think that the Raiders of the Lost Ark could have use the iPad Mini instead of the Arc in the final seen, that way everyone is talking here. Sheesh. It's not that bad!
The quality of the screen is not in question because there is no doubt that in 2012 then this is not what people should expect from a NEW Apple product. So in the end it all comes down to individual people's tolerance and ability to make excuses.

You like it, I feel it's good enough and others feel it sucks. Everyone is right. So why do you feel the need to create yet another thread that only complains about the same subject that you're fighting against? Hopefully it's not becausen You thought the Raiders of the Lost Arc comment was so profoundly funny that it should get a thread of its own.
urkel is offline   2
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:36 AM   #8
stridemat

...and that's enough of that

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland