Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1
atr-drivr
macrumors member

Not charging...

1st gen iPod won't take a charge.....plugged in to the wall, same plug just charged iPhone and iPad....thoughts?
thanks
atr-drivr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:24 PM   #2
thegreati
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr-drivr View Post
1st gen iPod won't take a charge.....plugged in to the wall, same plug just charged iPhone and iPad....thoughts?
thanks
Hey there.

When you plug in the device are you given any sort of response, like a battery symbol or charging sound? If so, chances are you need a new battery. If not, you are looking at most likely needing a new device.

Hope this helps.
thegreati is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:36 PM   #3
atr-drivr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreati View Post
Hey there.

When you plug in the device are you given any sort of response, like a battery symbol or charging sound? If so, chances are you need a new battery. If not, you are looking at most likely needing a new device.

Hope this helps.
No, nothing like that. If I plug it into my iMac, the battery indicator shows charging and it does. However when I am on the road and plug into a wall outlet it won't unless I push power and home button at the same time and force it off.
atr-drivr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Amad3U5
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr-drivr View Post
No, nothing like that. If I plug it into my iMac, the battery indicator shows charging and it does. However when I am on the road and plug into a wall outlet it won't unless I push power and home button at the same time and force it off.
Are you using a third-party charger? iPod Touches come with a built in feature that prevents charging on various third-party chargers. If not, you could make a back-up, then perform a system restore; that should fix it.
Amad3U5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch