Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atr-drivr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
1st gen iPod won't take a charge.....plugged in to the wall, same plug just charged iPhone and iPad....thoughts?
thanks

thegreati

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
1st gen iPod won't take a charge.....plugged in to the wall, same plug just charged iPhone and iPad....thoughts?
thanks

Hey there.

When you plug in the device are you given any sort of response, like a battery symbol or charging sound? If so, chances are you need a new battery. If not, you are looking at most likely needing a new device.

Hope this helps.

atr-drivr

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Hey there.

When you plug in the device are you given any sort of response, like a battery symbol or charging sound? If so, chances are you need a new battery. If not, you are looking at most likely needing a new device.

Hope this helps.

No, nothing like that. If I plug it into my iMac, the battery indicator shows charging and it does. However when I am on the road and plug into a wall outlet it won't unless I push power and home button at the same time and force it off.

Amad3U5

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
Sydney
No, nothing like that. If I plug it into my iMac, the battery indicator shows charging and it does. However when I am on the road and plug into a wall outlet it won't unless I push power and home button at the same time and force it off.

Are you using a third-party charger? iPod Touches come with a built in feature that prevents charging on various third-party chargers. If not, you could make a back-up, then perform a system restore; that should fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.