Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:53 PM   #1
bjpad2
macrumors member

New iPhone5 cannot send/receive text messages

I ordered a new iphone5 for my wife, I already had an iphone4. Her phone arrived and she was trying it out. It cannot send text messages to my phone and cannot receive text messages from my phone.

I searched the internet and found suggestions to make sure the settings had the right phone number, had various messaging things turned on, etc. Every setting in her phone was set the way it was supposed to be, I didn't find anything that seemed to need changing. She can make phonecalls to my phone, just can't send text messages.
bjpad2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:20 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

What carrier are you using?
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:40 AM   #3
lambrosn
macrumors newbie

Send a message via MSN to lambrosn Send a message via Yahoo to lambrosn Send a message via Skype™ to lambrosn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjpad2 View Post
I ordered a new iphone5 for my wife, I already had an iphone4. Her phone arrived and she was trying it out. It cannot send text messages to my phone and cannot receive text messages from my phone.

I searched the internet and found suggestions to make sure the settings had the right phone number, had various messaging things turned on, etc. Every setting in her phone was set the way it was supposed to be, I didn't find anything that seemed to need changing. She can make phonecalls to my phone, just can't send text messages.
if you are in in sprint and then change to another carrier , this may caused.

the only solutions are

1. update to 6.0.1

or

2. factory reset.
lambrosn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting