Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:23 AM   #1
domhoenig
macrumors member

Mac Mini apple tracking status

someone give me a hand with this...i'm being impatient but i personally think the apple tracking is poor at best. it's just unclear as to what stage my order is at.....it states it's in transit to me at the top left, but i have ZERO tracking information so i'm unable to trace my order..

am i missing something?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	376335  
domhoenig is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:38 AM   #2
limesmoothie
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhoenig View Post
someone give me a hand with this...i'm being impatient but i personally think the apple tracking is poor at best. it's just unclear as to what stage my order is at.....it states it's in transit to me at the top left, but i have ZERO tracking information so i'm unable to trace my order..

am i missing something?
Yes, this tracking screen is not the clearest. Did you customise your build? In which case, it will likely be coming from China, any peripherals ordered will already be in the UK. So the machine might be heading from China just now.

You might not be able to track until it is out for delivery. Even then, mine was showing with an estimated delivery time of 6pm long after I had received it.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:45 AM   #3
domhoenig
macrumors member

I really think it could be clearer! yes I did customise mine...2.6ghz processor.

putting own RAM and SSD in when it arrives

I'm getting massively impatient! I'd be fine about it if I could see currently where abouts in the world it is. is there anyway I could see this?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:19 PM   #4
StevenT42
macrumors 6502

For US orders, it actually links you directly to the shipper's tracking page from the Order Status. Are there no such links on your Order Status page?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:24 PM   #5
domhoenig
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenT42 View Post
For US orders, it actually links you directly to the shipper's tracking page from the Order Status. Are there no such links on your Order Status page?

no link!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:05 PM   #6
limesmoothie
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenT42 View Post
We don't get that on the UK order status
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:09 PM   #7
domhoenig
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limesmoothie View Post
We don't get that on the UK order status
so what the hell do we get?!!?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:17 PM   #8
limesmoothie
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhoenig View Post
so what the hell do we get?!!?
When the order is in the UK and goes to the the carrier, you get a tracking update which tells you the carrier and tracking number. You can track it then.

However, some carrier websites are more reliable than others. I've had stuff shipped via UPS which was good, but my 2012 Mini was shipped by Syncreon, which has a website designed in about 1998 by the look of it.

I seem to recall there is a dashboard widget for Apple tracking if you're already running a Mac - that might give more info.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:22 PM   #9
stellan0r
macrumors member

Same here, bto Mini plus lots of other stuff from the apple store (like a VESA mount, display, cables etc.) It says for me that the order will be merged together in Prague and then afterwards I can track it.

We will see
stellan0r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:23 PM   #10
Topazali
macrumors newbie

Try:-

http://expeditors.com/

and input your delivery reference number from your apple order.
Topazali is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini