Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:20 PM   #1
trung979
macrumors newbie

5th gen iPod Touch keeps losing wifi connection

I recently bought the new iPod Touch and I've been noticing that it always disconnects from my wifi after a few hours of reconnecting it. I'm pretty sure that its not my wifi's fault because my old Touch doesn't have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this or should I go back and get a new one?
trung979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68030

iOS 6 Glitch ALOT of people have it including me.your iPod touch is fine. It is just a problem with the software check if you have iOS 6.0.1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:55 PM   #3
trung979
macrumors newbie

Yup, it is 6.0.1

----------

Is your problem the same as mine or is it another general wifi problem? I just did some quick searches and found that the main wifi issues were the wifi option being grayed out or wifi not working at all. I didn't see anything mentioning loss of connection.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Aspasia
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by trung979 View Post
I recently bought the new iPod Touch and I've been noticing that it always disconnects from my wifi after a few hours of reconnecting it. I'm pretty sure that its not my wifi's fault because my old Touch doesn't have this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this or should I go back and get a new one?
Try this: Go into your WiFi settings, chose "other," then enter the name of your network, your password, and tell it to renew lease.

My iPod Touch 5 connected to and remembered every network it met - except my home network. It would either not connect, or once connected, drop out.

It's behaved perfectly since I did the above.
Aspasia is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:49 AM   #5
pachi
macrumors newbie

What if your at a different persons (client) house everyday and you're not able to adjust their wifi settings?
pachi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:19 PM   #6
trung979
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
Try this: Go into your WiFi settings, chose "other," then enter the name of your network, your password, and tell it to renew lease.

My iPod Touch 5 connected to and remembered every network it met - except my home network. It would either not connect, or once connected, drop out.

It's behaved perfectly since I did the above.
I tried this last night and when I woke up it was still connected. Thanks so much! Ill keep watching it for the next day to make sure it doesn't happen again though.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachi View Post
What if your at a different persons (client) house everyday and you're not able to adjust their wifi settings?
On the iPod's wifi menu, theres a little blue circle with an arrow next to each wifi network. Tap the arrow and you are taken to the network's information. That is where you can renew the lease. (If that was what you were asking)

Last edited by trung979; Nov 11, 2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Had to add some things
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:19 AM   #7
Qboysosa
macrumors newbie

I renewed the lease and everything but mine keeps cutting off
Qboysosa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch