Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:15 PM   #1
michaeljohn
Banned

Motorola Droid DNA

I am quite pleased with my iPhone 5 but I do miss the larger screen of the Android phones I have had in the past. Pretty much decided against the Note 2 as its a bit too big and I really dislike the Amoled screens. The Droid DNA looks like a beast of a device if it comes as rumored! I would buy this in an instant.

5 inch 1080p LCD 3 display at 440ppi
Snapdragon S4 quadcore processor
2GB RAM
8 or 12MP camera
Android 4.1 Jellybean

Yes please!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/11...zon-droid-dna/
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2
GroundLoop
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohn View Post
I am quite pleased with my iPhone 5 but I do miss the larger screen of the Android phones I have had in the past. Pretty much decided against the Note 2 as its a bit too big and I really dislike the Amoled screens. The Droid DNA looks like a beast of a device if it comes as rumored! I would buy this in an instant.

2GB RAM
8 or 12MP camera
Android 4.1 Jellybean

Yes please!

I guess you haven't really been following this device over the last few months. First off, it is an HTC phone not a Motorola, and the Verizon variant will have an 8MP camera ( according to the FCC documentation). It is expected that this will launch at the Verizon/HTC event scheduled for the 13th.

You are right though. This is a beast of a phone. It all comes down to the battery life though. The Japanese variant (HTC Butterfly J) only has a 2020mAh battery which would likely not last a full day for me. If the rumor of a 2500 mAh battery is true, this could be my next phone. I am also excited about the new Windows Phones coming out through the rest of the year, but I need to play with them to see if they will meet my needs.

GL
GroundLoop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:50 PM   #3
michaeljohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundLoop View Post
I guess you haven't really been following this device over the last few months. First off, it is an HTC phone not a Motorola, and the Verizon variant will have an 8MP camera ( according to the FCC documentation). It is expected that this will launch at the Verizon/HTC event scheduled for the 13th.

You are right though. This is a beast of a phone. It all comes down to the battery life though. The Japanese variant (HTC Butterfly J) only has a 2020mAh battery which would likely not last a full day for me. If the rumor of a 2500 mAh battery is true, this could be my next phone. I am also excited about the new Windows Phones coming out through the rest of the year, but I need to play with them to see if they will meet my needs.

GL
You are correct, thanks. Battery isn't a huge concern for me as you can always get a larger one 3rd party and I work at my home so I am always around somewhere to charge.
michaeljohn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:59 PM   #4
THE JUICEMAN
macrumors 65816

Quote:

2GB RAM
8 or 12MP camera
Android 4.1 Jellybean

Yes please!

This phone does sound amazing. I can't wait to lay eyes on that screen. If it wasn't for that pesky sense UI....

----------

Quote:
You are correct, thanks. Battery isn't a huge concern for me as you can always get a larger one 3rd party and I work at my home so I am always around somewhere to charge.
You won't be a to get a larger one for this phone. The battery is sealed from what we know so far.
THE JUICEMAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:59 PM   #5
3bs
macrumors 603

Quote:
Isn't the battery on it not replacable?
3bs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:37 PM   #6
GroundLoop
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bs View Post
Isn't the battery on it not replacable?
Correct. The battery is non-removable. This is the main reason for my concern.

GL
GroundLoop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices