Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

Should I trade my black iPad mini for a white one?

All of this scuff talk has me concerned. What do you think?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:50 PM   #2
jbromer
macrumors 6502

I traded mine (black->white), and in the 3 days I was waiting for my case for my white one, I got a nasty scuff on the back of it. So I would say, by the one you want and just be careful.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:51 PM   #3
HowardSmith
Banned

I am not sure, what do you thnk?
HowardSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Ih8reno
macrumors 6502a

I say enjoy it and stop being so obsessed with scuff marks. If you like black get black, don't pick a colour based on what ifs.
Ih8reno is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:57 PM   #5
dhy8386
macrumors 6502a

Got a black i5 returned for a white. Just so you know both scuff on the edges. I just liked the two toned white silver on the phone and when it does scuff I think it's less noticeable. When I got my mini went black without question. I just think it looks better. Also since I use it to watch a lot of content the continuous black makes it more appealing to watch.

My two cents
dhy8386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Lukewarmwinner
macrumors 6502

I really like the black one, so I'm properly going with that. But would like any thoughts of scratches? Still debating on trading my iPad 2 for a mini though...
Lukewarmwinner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:33 PM   #7
bagelmaker
macrumors member

I say go with black. The white one is distracting when trying to watch videos. Black is more seamless.
bagelmaker is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelmaker View Post
I say go with black. The white one is distracting when trying to watch videos. Black is more seamless.

I have a black Ipad 3, but used to have a white Ipad 2, and I agree with this. Everything just blends in perfectly when watching a video on a black ipad. This was one of the main reasons I got another black one. I have a white Iphone 5, and love it, but rarely watch videos on it.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:32 PM   #9
pasadena
macrumors regular

Seriously ? What you SHOULD do is get whatever color you like best, then take proper care of it.
pasadena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:56 PM   #10
adamirox
macrumors newbie

The issue is not the colour itself. It's particularly about the ipad mini in black. Ipad mini had different design to ipad 2or 3. Around the screen there is a black alluminium frame. Mine started peeling off after 4days of very careful handling (i also own ipad 2 , use it at work daily and no such thing has been happening for over 6 months since i got the ipad2)

People are getting it all confused.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/10...rates-chassis/

The issue is the alluminium edge around the screen
adamirox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:06 AM   #11
urkel
macrumors 68010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelmaker View Post
I agree. It didn't bother me as much on my white iPad 2 but on my white iPad then The border really stood out. (I think it's because it's a smaller screen)

Anyway, I've since switched to black and feel its much much easier on the eyes so I'm happy. And as for scratches, the white dents just as easily along that beveled edge so I think obsessing over it is going to result in disappointment regardless what color you get.
urkel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:53 AM   #12
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816

I always prefer the white version of Apple products, but the black/slate one is soooooo sleek and modern looking. Also, the black border makes the screen seamless and gives off the effect that it melts into the borders. I love it. As for the back, mine is holding up extremely well. When not in use it's in a pouch and that's as far as protecting it goes.
joshwithachance is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad