Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
I have sold my MBP 2011 which had Mountain Lion on it, I have done a secure format of the drive and want to reinstall the OS now, but it is asking me for the username and password for the Apple ID, I have to put this in as it won't let me go further without it, but does this mean the system will store these details when the next new user turns on?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I have sold my MBP 2011 which had Mountain Lion on it, I have done a secure format of the drive and want to reinstall the OS now, but it is asking me for the username and password for the Apple ID, I have to put this in as it won't let me go further without it, but does this mean the system will store these details when the next new user turns on?

No, I'm pretty sure it just needs the information so it can download the OS from the App store.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012

No, I'm pretty sure it just needs the information so it can download the OS from the App store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.