Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:54 PM   #26
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethmaShine View Post
Umm. Personal slander? Naa. Just really tired of your posts in literally every thread over the last few weeks explaining how Apple sucks and how Android and Google are way above everything.

I stopped reading there. Citations, please. The only thing I have ever written is my disappointment in Apple's professional line, i.e. their Mac Pro and displays, as I use my system(s) daily for work and leisure. I've used PowerMac's and 23"/30" CCFL LCD's before getting 2 24" models two years ago. I'm on the boat with many others wishing for Apple to update their almost three year old Mac Pro. That is it. So I don't know where this is coming from. I'm very serious.

Quote:
Nevertheless, you still won't reply to my post where I mention that this was a collaborative meeting and yours was a deliberate attempt to mock Apple by quoting a specific text from the news. Any thing on that?
Wait, what text? What are you talking about? I just quoted MacRumors' article and expressed that I wish Apple would focus some energy back into their professional systems instead of lawsuits.

Last edited by bedifferent; Nov 10, 2012 at 09:25 PM.
bedifferent is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:05 PM   #27
dethmaShine
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedifferent View Post
I stopped reading there. I have never written such. Please, quote. Citations. I truly would appreciate some proof. Why would I write such? The only thing I have ever written is my disappointment in Apple's professional line, i.e. their Mac Pro and displays, as I use my system(s) daily for work and leisure. I've used PowerMac's and 23"/30" CCFL LCD's before getting 2 24" models two years ago. I'm on the boat with many others wishing for Apple to update their almost three year old Mac Pro. That is it. So I don't know where this is coming from. I'm very serious.
I most certainly am frightened over Apple's dedication to pros.

I know you're probably using your Apple machines. I don't doubt that. Please. What I am trying to say that you've been constantly bashing Apple for things they don't deserve.

Not let me quote

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...3#post16255803

Quote:
The "iPad Mini" wasn't the biggest hit they expected. It certainly didn't flop, but Apple pushed it on its own accord and sales were lower than expectations.
That's some news.

Quote:
The iMac refresh was interesting, but Apple needs to refocus on desktop systems, power and OS X.
As if they have not.

Quote:
Lion and Mountain Lion have been [arguably] mediocre successes with quality (sales may state otherwise, but at such a low price and with little other options for customers, of course the iTunes Store will reflect high sales for OS X updates).
Lion was buggy. That's all. Mountain Lion has been great. Just because they didn't give you a new freakin UI doesn't mean it was mediocre. Again, notice a pattern? No reasoning; no citations. New releases are just mediocre.

Quote:
Move on from lawsuits and iOS, and get back to innovating systems and OS X.
Exactly, as if their lawyers are designing their operating systems.

Quote:
There are many who need power systems with upgradability, get that Mac Pro and better displayS on the market.
In a thread that has nothing to do with a Mac Pro, after all.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...5#post16248015

Quote:
Apple has been granted too many patents, many of which are ludicrous to state the least.

"Think Different" should be changed to "Sue Different".
And do you have the qualification for ratify those patents? Sue different?

Microsoft gets patents on UI buttons; Google gets patent on determining the position of mouse pointer on a web page; they get patents on simple trivial ad related stuff. But that's fine. Because, hey Apple gets trivial patents so I'm only going to talk about them.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...2#post16208432

Quote:
He's gonna hate it when Apple releases the new iPad Mini next month.
Need more?

Now lets not drag. I've given enough evidence. That's just from the last 15 posts of yours. I could write a book.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:09 PM   #28
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
lol
You've cherry picked comments that support your "theory" on me (an obsession that now concerns me), comments I just stated I have written. Those remarks were in the past week, and the only remarks I've written as I used to comment much more readily (and the last was a joke about a guy who installed the new iPad Mini in his car and was a reference to mobile technology always changing). I have also written nice comments and have helped people, yet I don't see those any where. Can I ask, how old are you? You seem rather young. Just making a casual inference based on nothing more than your comments to me here; flippant, I know, but I assumed since you made such broad generalizations about my intentions...

Last edited by bedifferent; Nov 10, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
bedifferent is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:10 PM   #29
JS82712
Banned

Steve would've never allowed this.
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:13 PM   #30
dethmaShine
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Wait, what text? What are you talking about? I just quoted MacRumors' article and expressed that I wish Apple would focus some energy back into their professional systems instead of lawsuits. You really read a lot out of four short sentences, one would believe I insulted your Mum the way you're reacting. What are you carrying on about?
You referred to a piece from the news and tried to spin it in a totally inconceivable text.

You quoted

"HTC is pleased to have resolved its dispute with Apple, so HTC can focus on innovation instead of litigation," said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC."

You failed to quote

"We are glad to have reached a settlement with HTC," said Tim Cook, CEO of Apple. "We will continue to stay laser focused on product innovation."

And you wrote

"Apple should take a page from HTC's book and follow suit with the plethora of lawsuits they have filed."

You failed to realize this was a global 'agreement'. It wasn't done by HTC alone. You meant as if HTC was the only good guy here who wanted to settle and god knows what.

Documents and filings have shown that Apple wanted to be submissive. They wanted to settle with both Samsung and HTC. And with HTC, they finally did. All you did was spin the news in a way you actually wanted to.

Now, please I've stated enough with reasonable arguments. On the contrary, you've done none. So I'll simply move out as there is not going to be any space of common thought between us.

----------

Quote:
You've cherry picked comments that support your "theory" on me (an obsession that now concerns me as I don't know you), comments I just stated I have written. Those remarks were in the past week, and the only remarks I've written as I used to comment much more readily (and the last was a joke about a guy who installed the new iPad Mini in his car and was a reference to mobile technology always changing, it was a joke). I have also written nice comments and have helped people.

Really, you need to find something better with your time than worrying about what I am posting about a company we both like. (and I agree, you are being silly, let's move on)
It's not called cherry picking. Your other comments weren't about the topic I was referring to so obviously I won't post them. You would call them 'cherry picking'. I refer to as normal selection. Maybe you don't understand that. Never mind.

I've enough time; no need to bother about that. Yeah, I am being silly replying again and again to a person who wouldn't formulate comments with reason and sense. Sure.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:14 PM   #31
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
not even bothering
Ok you need to let it go. You seem to be very passionate towards me for some reason. If I offended you, I truly am sorry. Yet I'm too old for this internet baiting.

Respond as you wish, vote your comments up all you want, I really do not care and will not be bothering with it.

Take care.
bedifferent is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:17 PM   #32
dethmaShine
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Ok you need to let it go. I am. Find something productive to do. Please. Respond all you like, vote your comments up all you want, I really do not care and will not be bothering with it.

Take care.
Haa! Guess you were bothered enough to comment about it.

Yup, lets let it go. You're not going to make reason anyway.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:19 PM   #33
MikieMcBikie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Ok you need to let it go. You seem to be very passionate towards me for some reason. If I offended you, I truly am sorry. Yet I'm too old for this internet baiting.

Respond as you wish, vote your comments up all you want, I really do not care and will not be bothering with it.

Take care.

Quote:
Haa! Guess you were bothered enough to comment about it.

Yup, lets let it go. You're not going to make reason anyway.

wow....more hobbies people, it really helps. And i am referring to both of you
MikieMcBikie is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:21 PM   #34
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikieMcBikie View Post
wow....more hobbies people, it really helps. And i am referring to both of you
Agreed, and my apologies for getting suckered into nonsense.

Should have simply ignored it from the set, making me a fool. Apologies.
bedifferent is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:26 PM   #35
lostngone
macrumors 6502a

And in other news...

In six weeks we find out that Apple has plans to buy HTC.
lostngone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:41 PM   #36
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderspark View Post
Wow, this makes me very pleased. Let this be the first of many such settlements, and let's all MOVE ON!
My guess is that there are one of three possibilities: 1) Apple knows that they can't eliminate Android altogether and is shifting to a Microsoft-like strategy of collecting royalties, 2) Apple takes an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" strategy and figures that higher HTC sales will hurt Samsung more than Apple, or 3) some combination of 1 and 2.
KPOM is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:42 PM   #37
iLoveiTunes
macrumors regular

Quote:

apology accepted..! lol
iLoveiTunes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:43 PM   #38
barclay
macrumors newbie

good news because htc is the best alternative in phone,if you want something different than ios
barclay is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:48 PM   #39
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
My guess is that there are one of three possibilities: 1) Apple knows that they can't eliminate Android altogether and is shifting to a Microsoft-like strategy of collecting royalties, 2) Apple takes an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" strategy and figures that higher HTC sales will hurt Samsung more than Apple, or 3) some combination of 1 and 2.
4) Apple is realising they are losing more than they are winning in the lawsuit game and refocusing their efforts and cutting their losses.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:53 PM   #40
DeathChill
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
4) Apple is realising they are losing more than they are winning in the lawsuit game and refocusing their efforts and cutting their losses.
I'm sure Apple isn't doing this to win money. This is about stopping or slowing the competition. I definitely don't agree with them ever going after HTC at all.
DeathChill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:00 PM   #41
Raist3001
macrumors newbie

Quote:
It's not called cherry picking. Your other comments weren't about the topic I was referring to so obviously I won't post them. You would call them 'cherry picking'. I refer to as normal selection. Maybe you don't understand that. Never mind.
Ahhh...Son.....you just clearly defined cherry picking.
Raist3001 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:01 PM   #42
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
I'm sure Apple isn't doing this to win money. This is about stopping or slowing the competition. I definitely don't agree with them ever going after HTC at all.
And now they are realising they are not slowing down the competition, and its costing them both patents and bad PR (the UK text for one).

So I stand by what I said. They are losing more than they are winning and no, I didn't mean money.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:02 PM   #43
ConCat
Banned

Quote:

Your posts are the only ones that I find annoying. Condescendingness and mock-concern abound. I really shouldn't get into this argument, but I really can't stand people who talk like you do. You're not sorry for anything, you're not concerned with anyone, and you're certainly not the "good citizen" you seem to think of yourself as. You would do us all a favor if you'd just admit fault and be done with it. Your posts would suddenly be tolerable.

EDIT: I also like how you seem to delete the posts you quote when they provide the most damning evidence to that other guy's argument. You clearly would rather not quote the truth.
ConCat is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:05 PM   #44
DeathChill
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
And now they are realising they are not slowing down the competition, and its costing them both patents and bad PR (the UK text for one).

So I stand by what I said. They are losing more than they are winning and no, I didn't mean money.
Ah, I agree with that.
DeathChill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:11 PM   #45
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Apple should take a page from HTC's book and follow suit with the plethora of lawsuits they have filed. Not debating authenticity of said suits, however it seems Apple is innovating less and suing more. The last time I was "wowed" by Apple was in 2006/7 with the iPhone. Riding the iWave is getting tired.
The iPhone intro blew me away too, but c'mon, disruptive technologies like the iPhone come along once every decade, if that. If you're not impressed by the new iPhone 5 and/or iMac, you should brace yourself for years of disappointment.

Besides, it's not like Apple's engineers are doing double duty as lawyers. Apple *can* protect its IP and innovate at the same time. Just don't expect iPhone magic every couple of years.
Karma*Police is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:31 PM   #46
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSol View Post
With Samsung sucking up all the air in the Android space, this is a good move for HTC. Android fans love to talk about "choice," then they all buy Samsungs.
Samsung offers plenty of choice within their smartphone line. Samsung may be the most popular Android handset manufacturer, but they are not the only one.
dalbir4444 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:31 PM   #47
SeaFox
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by econgeek View Post
I don't believe you were ever "Wowed" and I think you've been an apple hater since you first bought some other product and regretted it when you realized Apple's product was better.
Why would he hate Apple because he realized their products were better? Wouldn't he hate the maker of that other product instead because their marketing bamboozled him into buying an inferior device?

Some of the people on this board need to read what they write before they hit submit, because if there's one thing that shows a hater, it's arguments that just plain don't make sense.
SeaFox is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:36 PM   #48
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Apple offered to settle with samsung, several years ago. Samsung refused, which is why they went to court.

Apple offered to settle with HTC, and Apple and HTC came to terms.

Apple is not being unreasonable... it is Samsung, and Google, and motorola who are being unreasonable.

Because they think they are too big to be convicted of stealing.
Was Apple being reasonable when they recently accused "Samsung's version of Android" (which is actually stock Android and not Samsung's implementation) and other Samsung devices which could use a stylus of infringing patents?

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/06/...nging-patents/
dalbir4444 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:43 PM   #49
nutjob
macrumors 6502

All that time and effort and lawyers fees was certainly worth it, huh?
nutjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:44 PM   #50
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
Samesung need to learn from this!
Quote:
Apple offered to settle with samsung, several years ago. Samsung refused, which is why they went to court.

Apple offered to settle with HTC, and Apple and HTC came to terms.

Apple is not being unreasonable... it is Samsung, and Google, and motorola who are being unreasonable.

Because they think they are too big to be convicted of stealing.
Some of the terms offered have been posted on here before. They consisted primarily of token offers. They appeared to be intentionally cost prohibitive. The net result seems to be Apple having patents invalidated that never should have been granted in the first place. Had the terms been more amicable, these probably would have continued to fly under the radar.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion