Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:46 PM   #1
mok23
macrumors member

iPhone 5 sometimes doesn't get LTE (no Internet connection)

Ever since I got my iphone 5 whenever I leave my house (wifi) it should go to 4g or LTE but it just shows the AT&T sign.. and for me to get Internet connection I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on. random info (2nd day I got the phone I suddenly got No sim installed and I took the sim out and cleaned it and I got service again) could this be the reason why I don't get Internet connection sometimes. and I always get 3-4 bars every where I go. I also tried the airplane mode to reset the cell connection does not work. could it be a sim problem? phone? Any ideas?
mok23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:47 PM   #2
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040

Where are you located?
AlphaDogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:50 PM   #3
mok23
macrumors member

Chicago, IL
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:44 PM   #4
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok23 View Post
Ever since I got my iphone 5 whenever I leave my house (wifi) it should go to 4g or LTE but it just shows the AT&T sign.. and for me to get Internet connection I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on. random info (2nd day I got the phone I suddenly got No sim installed and I took the sim out and cleaned it and I got service again) could this be the reason why I don't get Internet connection sometimes. and I always get 3-4 bars every where I go. I also tried the airplane mode to reset the cell connection does not work. could it be a sim problem? phone? Any ideas?
Has been happening to me too. Started when LTE became available. Same as you, leave wifi area and it simply says ATT at the top, no 4g, LTE, ect.

I have to turn the phone off and on to get it to fix itself. Denver Colorado Area here
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:00 AM   #5
aleni
macrumors 68000

this happened to me after 6.0.1 update. when i leave home, sometimes the signal is only 1, 3g still appear but i can't seem to use the internet. i have to turn on airplane mode and back off to get the signal and internet connection working again.

no wonder forstall got fired.
aleni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:21 AM   #6
AlphaDogg
macrumors 68040

Hmmm maybe I should get my dev friend to register my UDID on his account and try out the 6.1 beta to see if it fixes this problem. I attributed it to LTE's newness here in Denver, but if other cities with already established LTE networks have the issue on 6.0.1, maybe it is due to the software.
AlphaDogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:05 PM   #7
mok23
macrumors member

so it's a software issue..I also feel like I get iMessage texts late.. but the main issue is the Internet connection. can it be a sim problem? Also this is just something I noted.. the signal bars constantly "refreshing" it goes to 5 bars back to 1 bar and then to whatever signal you were getting. Ex: if I have 3 bars.. it will suddenly go to 5 quickly back to 1 then back to the original signal.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:15 PM   #8
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok23 View Post
so it's a software issue..I also feel like I get iMessage texts late.. but the main issue is the Internet connection. can it be a sim problem? Also this is just something I noted.. the signal bars constantly "refreshing" it goes to 5 bars back to 1 bar and then to whatever signal you were getting. Ex: if I have 3 bars.. it will suddenly go to 5 quickly back to 1 then back to the original signal.
Had this happen to me also, Verizon here.
Diseal3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone