Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:35 AM   #1
jwGary
macrumors newbie

MBP freezing when going into sleep mode while external monitor is connected?

I recently got an external monitor to use with my MBP (early 09). So it seems that if I have my monitor hooked up (and maybe also when my power cable is plugged in) and my computer goes into sleep mode, the whole thing freezes and i have to hard restart my MBP. Is there a reason it is doing this? Also, if i close my MBP, instead of the computer going to sleep, it makes it go into mirror display mode and keeps it running on my external monitor (and sometimes it doesnt even go into sleep mode...). i found this thread - https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=165&tstart=0 and it say to use the line:

"sudo nvram boot-args="iog=0x0""

in the terminal to make lion/ML work like SL, but any clue what else that will change?
jwGary is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help