Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UncleheFTy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Cheshire
I'm not sure how to categorise this problem, but yesterday my primary @me.com mail account stopped receiving and when I went to the iCloud werb page it showed that my @me.com had been replaced by a @icloud mail account. This has happened on two accounts - I didn't want it to, it just happened. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Uncle h

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Apple have allocated @icloud.com addresses to all customers, but this should only add an email address for you to use, not have any effect on your @me address. I would delete the accounts and add them again. If you don't want the iCloud.com address, just don't add it when you re-do the email accounts.

I had my email notifying me that the new addresses were available, and I added the new one to my ipad and iphone without issue. I can't however add it to any of my Macs, but this is probably because I use Thunderbird as my email client and not the built in Apple-Mail App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.