Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:02 AM   #1
Eric8199
macrumors 6502a

Buy in store, return by mail?

I know if you buy from the online store, if you decide to return your item, you can ship it back to Apple for free. What if you buy from a retail store?

I ask because I'm vacationing near an Apple store and might buy a mini, but if I decide its not for me and want to return it, I won't be able to return it at the store. Will Apple let me ship it back to them? Can I still do that for free?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:37 AM   #2
marcovortex
macrumors member

You can not buy at a store and return online. I asked this question of Apple myself and was told in store purchases must be returned to an Apple store.
marcovortex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Trat
macrumors regular

Why don't you just decide its (not) for you based on using it in the store? You think it will be that big of a difference when using it at home instead? You hold it, you use it.
Trat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:35 AM   #4
bizzle
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trat View Post
Why don't you just decide its (not) for you based on using it in the store? You think it will be that big of a difference when using it at home instead? You hold it, you use it.
Because Apple users love buying things just to return them. They are probably the worst offenders of retail renting but try to justify it by finding microscopic flaws in whatever product is hot this week. Take a good look at a large portion of the posts on this forum.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Eric8199
macrumors 6502a

Easy there Bizzle. I don't usually return my stuff.

From being in the store, I think it's perfect. But in regular use, I want to make sure I like it better than my full size iPad. I've seen complaints of people getting headaches from the resolution, and while I think those people are crazy, I don't want to have to drive two hours to return it if I have a similar issue. Or if I decide the screen size doesn't cut it for me.

As for Apple users being the worst offenders, apparently Apple doesn't have a problem with it, because they allow it.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:44 PM   #6
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Does Apple take returns in store for purchases made online? Or you have to return it the way you purchased it?
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:58 PM   #7
ugcop
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8199 View Post
Easy there Bizzle. I don't usually return my stuff.

........I've seen complaints of people getting headaches from the resolution, and while I think those people are crazy, I don't want to have to drive two hours to return it if I have a similar issue.

LMAO. If other people are crazy because they are bothered by the display and if you have a similar issue, what does that make you?
ugcop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:03 PM   #8
Eric8199
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugcop View Post
LMAO. If other people are crazy because they are bothered by the display and if you have a similar issue, what does that make you?
You didn't read my post? I said I THINK those people are crazy. If I have the issue, which I did not instore, then I will know I was wrong. Hence, why I want to know about the return policy. Are there nothing but trolls on these forums anymore? Geez, no one can post anymore without getting crap from someone who is completely not helping in the least bit. I feel my question was a legitimate question. If you can't help, go away.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:04 PM   #9
ugcop
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8199 View Post
You didn't read my post? I said I THINK those people are crazy. If I have the issue, which I did not instore, then I will know I was wrong. Hence, why I want to know about the return policy. Are there nothing but trolls on these forums anymore? Geez, no one can post anymore without getting crap from someone who is completely not helping in the least bit. I feel my question was a legitimate question. If you can't help, go away.
So your post that "you think we are crazy" was a meaningful post.

Guess what I "think" about your opinion.
ugcop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad