Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:01 PM   #26
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi4life View Post
This feature has gone to $&@* REAL quick. I NEVER had a problem with it when I had the 4, and now I'm having a problem sending and receiving messages. It says "sending" forever, and then clumps and sends the texts all at once.
If iMessage isn't working why not try samsung galaxy s3 or a windows phone?
Myiphone7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:05 PM   #27
nitemare
macrumors regular

@Fanboi4life- like others have said, WHY DONT YOU TRY TELLING US EXCATLY WHATS WRONG WITH AND GOING ON WITH YOUR IMESSAGE SO WE CAN TRY AND HELP OUT, otherwise we can't help or make suggestions on how to fix it other then to take it back or call Apple.
nitemare is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:10 PM   #28
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Would someone please direct me to where I can read what the advantage iMessage has over (unlimited) AT&T SMS?

I honestly don't have that figured out.
The advantage of iMessage is that it's free to any person with an iPhone or iOS device. In my case so many people use iMessage that for the very few who don't I gave them my Google Voice number and now I don't have to pay for text messaging anymore. So the iMessage/Google Voice combination will save me over $250 a year.
joshwithachance is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:17 PM   #29
kannesss
Banned

Haven't had an issue with mine.
kannesss is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:23 PM   #30
Tumi 07
macrumors member

I am actually having an iMessage problem. My friend recently switched from an iPhone to the galaxy s3 and every time I text her my phone keeps trying to send it as an iMessage. The message is actually sent (according to my phone) and it never tries to send it as a regular text so she never get any of my texts. I turned off I messaging since then so I can actually send text messages to her. Is there anyway to solve this problem?
Tumi 07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:53 PM   #31
Fanboi4life
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitemare View Post
@Fanboi4life- like others have said, WHY DONT YOU TRY TELLING US EXCATLY WHATS WRONG WITH AND GOING ON WITH YOUR IMESSAGE SO WE CAN TRY AND HELP OUT, otherwise we can't help or make suggestions on how to fix it other then to take it back or call Apple.
Let me preface this by sating it doesn't happen ALL the time, but frequently enough that its bothersome. I send texts and the status bar goes 80 percent and then it just freezes. Sometimes the text is eventually delivered and sometimes I get a failure.

My wife texted me about five times today, and there was a delay of about 5 minutes, then suddenly I get all the text at once.
Fanboi4life is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:58 PM   #32
swordfish5736
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to swordfish5736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumi 07 View Post
I am actually having an iMessage problem. My friend recently switched from an iPhone to the galaxy s3 and every time I text her my phone keeps trying to send it as an iMessage. The message is actually sent (according to my phone) and it never tries to send it as a regular text so she never get any of my texts. I turned off I messaging since then so I can actually send text messages to her. Is there anyway to solve this problem?
Does she still have the iphone? Most likely iMessage hasn't be disasociated with the phone
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:31 PM   #33
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
If she has an iPhone it will try to text the iPhone first, she would have to turn off her number in the receive address on message settings.

Quote:
Let me preface this by sating it doesn't happen ALL the time, but frequently enough that its bothersome. I send texts and the status bar goes 80 percent and then it just freezes. Sometimes the text is eventually delivered and sometimes I get a failure.

My wife texted me about five times today, and there was a delay of about 5 minutes, then suddenly I get all the text at once.
That's a carrier network failure, nothing to do with iMessage.
tymaster50 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:29 PM   #34
bowlerman625
macrumors 68020

works well on all my devices
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:55 PM   #35
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:

Actually, there's an easier way for you to handle my posts, block me. I get to keep my phone, and you never get to see me again. Problem solved.
Great idea. I'm going for it
I suggest others block you too...

Last edited by Applejuiced; Nov 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:12 PM   #36
canadianpj
macrumors regular

Quote:

Look. You give us no other information. This is very clearly not a problem with all iPhone 5's or it would be a bigger deal. Are you AT&T or Verizon? Are you having connectivity issues otherwise? Have you tried a restore?

A touch more actual information would improve the responses.
canadianpj is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:38 PM   #37
ejin222
macrumors member

Quote:

This has been happening with me and my wife as well. We are on Verizon and I've noticed that the send bar will go to 80-90% only to stop there. I wait and wait and just resend it as a regular text message.

I think it has to do with wifi though. When I'm on LTE, iMessage works. On wifi, the problem occurs although it's spotty. I will also try turning off iMessage.

Love the 5 though
ejin222 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:17 PM   #38
Aimetti
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejin222 View Post
This has been happening with me and my wife as well. We are on Verizon and I've noticed that the send bar will go to 80-90% only to stop there. I wait and wait and just resend it as a regular text message.

I think it has to do with wifi though. When I'm on LTE, iMessage works. On wifi, the problem occurs although it's spotty. I will also try turning off iMessage.

Love the 5 though
Yep mine has had issues on wifi as well. Bulk messages coming thru at once and delayed. Also have had issues with mms not sending. Never had any issues with 4s.

Oh and by the way for future reference, be prepared to feel the wrath of iPhone fans if you bad mouth an apple product. Just the way it goes.
Aimetti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:40 PM   #39
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:

Love the 5 though
Could be your wi-fi, works perfectly fine on mine. I know my wi-fi used to have some hiccup problems where it would work for a while then all the sudden no data would be sent at all for a few minutes and the router was basically non-existant. Pain in the ass when I was playing video games.
tymaster50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:45 PM   #40
ejin222
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Could be your wi-fi, works perfectly fine on mine. I know my wi-fi used to have some hiccup problems where it would work for a while then all the sudden no data would be sent at all for a few minutes and the router was basically non-existant. Pain in the ass when I was playing video games.
It started happening after Hurricane Sandy. Go figure.

I have unlimited texts so no skin off my teeth
ejin222 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:50 PM   #41
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
It started happening after Hurricane Sandy. Go figure.

I have unlimited texts so no skin off my teeth
Everyones wi-fi has been messing up after the hurricane. Cell connections have been shoddy too.
tymaster50 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:57 PM   #42
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

I had the problem day a few weeks ago that we all had. I had about 30 minutes of glitches today.

Otherwise? I LOVE IMESSAGE.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:01 PM   #43
mcdj
macrumors 603

Quote:
This feature has gone to $&@* REAL quick. I NEVER had a problem with it when I had the 4, and now I'm having a problem sending and receiving messages. It says "sending" forever, and then clumps and sends the texts all at once.
K. Now what?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:13 AM   #44
scaredpoet
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Would someone please direct me to where I can read what the advantage iMessage has over (unlimited) AT&T SMS?
  1. Works internationally.
  2. Doesn't require ANY texting plan (with nearly all of my friends using iMessage, I was able to go without a texting plan)
  3. Works over Wifi as well as cellular data.
  4. Provides options for read receipts as well as delivery confirmation.
  5. Allows for higher resolution photos and videos.
  6. Is encrypted in transit.
  7. Allows you to receive messages and resume conversations on any current Mac or iOS device.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:57 AM   #45
Cygnus311
macrumors regular

I don't have any problems with it but now that every plan seems to have unlimited texting, it's not as important.
Cygnus311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:17 AM   #46
Jman13
macrumors 65816

No issues with iMessage for me on my iPhone 5, which I've had since launch day.
Jman13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:28 AM   #47
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredpoet View Post
  1. Works internationally.
  2. Doesn't require ANY texting plan (with nearly all of my friends using iMessage, I was able to go without a texting plan)
  3. Works over Wifi as well as cellular data.
  4. Provides options for read receipts as well as delivery confirmation.
  5. Allows for higher resolution photos and videos.
  6. Is encrypted in transit.
  7. Allows you to receive messages and resume conversations on any current Mac or iOS device.
For me the fact that it's "data" is one of the biggest benefits. You can "text" friends in other countries and not be charged for it (if they have iphones too).
I also love the mac App. I love that I can "text" my husband from my computer. I can have entire imessage conversations without using my iPhone
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:32 AM   #48
nefan65
macrumors 65816

We're so happy for you!!!

Name:  tumblr_lls7b9w02r1qim3em.gif
Views: 250
Size:  472.8 KB
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:23 AM   #49
mattroman246
macrumors 6502

I have a problem with it daily at work, strange as hell too. I have four bars of '4G' service with AT&T but iMessages won't go through and text messages will. Anywhere else I'm good
Game Center ID: matthewdanger
mattroman246 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:27 AM   #50
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Since she used to have an iPhone, yours still believes it can use this contact as an iDevice.
I would suggest completely deleting all of her contact information, disassociate from her and never speak to her again.

Seriously, try deleting her contact entry and then create a new one for her. See if that works.

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone