Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Trade or no trade? (Confused)

This person wants to trade his iPad 3( retina display) 64GB +$200 for my iphone 5 32GB.
Should i? All you iphone 5 owners who downgraded to iPhone 4S, did you miss it? I really don't want to go from LTE to 3G but the offer is so good or am I losing money? Thanks guys. Help me decide
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:21 PM   #2
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
This person wants to trade his iPad 3( retina display) 64GB +$200 for my iphone 5 32GB.
Should i? All you iphone 5 owners who downgraded to iPhone 4S, did you miss it? I really don't want to go from LTE to 3G but the offer is so good or am I losing money? Thanks guys. Help me decide
Its basically an even trade. They're selling for $500-600 on eBay. So he's giving you $700-800 for the iPhone 5 32GB, which retails for $750 plus tax.

As far as going back to 3G for me, no way!! I'm absolutely loving my LTE right now. It all depends on how much you use LTE. 3G speeds for most will suffice. They have no problem waiting the extra few seconds for a page to load.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:26 PM   #3
cambookpro
macrumors 601

I'd rather have the iPhone 5, but that may just be me. Depends what you want to use the iPad for, whether you'd miss the speed of the iP5, screen size etc
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4
WhiteIphone5
Banned

A 64gb iPad 3 runs for 500-600 on eBay ? Wow I don't know that
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsy90 View Post
Its basically an even trade. They're selling for $500-600 on eBay. So he's giving you $700-800 for the iPhone 5 32GB, which retails for $750 plus tax.

As far as going back to 3G for me, no way!! I'm absolutely loving my LTE right now. It all depends on how much you use LTE. 3G speeds for most will suffice. They have no problem waiting the extra few seconds for a page to load.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambookpro View Post
I'd rather have the iPhone 5, but that may just be me. Depends what you want to use the iPad for, whether you'd miss the speed of the iP5, screen size etc
Just lte I think I would miss. What if I buy an iPhone 4S there another person selling that for $200. So I get iPhone 4S and iPad 3
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:31 PM   #5
cambookpro
macrumors 601

Quote:
A 64gb iPad 3 runs for 500-600 on eBay ? Wow I don't know that

----------

Just lte I think I would miss. What if I buy an iPhone 4S there another person selling that for $200. So I get iPhone 4S and iPad 3
No LTE here in the UK yet (EE's 8-12Mbps doesn't count ), so I couldn't comment on that. I'd definitely miss the screen and weight (or lack thereof) however.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:39 PM   #6
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Ok to clarify I would get an iPad 3 and iPhone 4S for iPhone 5 32Gb
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:41 PM   #7
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Is it a 32GB 4s? Also, I am assuming this is the "old" iPad 3? Not the newer one that launched alongside the mini? The easiest distinguishable physical characteristic is going to be the presence of a lightning dock connector. That latter of the two is by far the better unit. Those earlier models should start going for quite a bit less on eBay. That is, if the general populous knows what they are buying (which may be dubious to begin with).
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:46 PM   #8
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Humm you got a point i think I'm going to keep the iPhone 5 but ill still like to hear others opinions
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:52 PM   #9
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Humm you got a point i think I'm going to keep the iPhone 5 but ill still like to hear others opinions
You could always ask for more cash, or something else as part of the trade. Make it known that you know about the newer iPad. Why should you trade retail values for the "old" version?

Or... just keep the phone. Up to you. It sounds like you want the iPad though. The 4S is still a decent phone IMO.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:10 PM   #10
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Keeping the phone. Thanks everyone. Btw how do I close or delete this thread since its solved?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:30 PM   #11
WhiteIphone5
Banned

He offered $250 erghhh
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:43 PM   #12
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

No way to really close the thread... just let it die.

If he is offering $250 on top of everything else that is a pretty good deal. I would take it, but I would be cautious. Make sure everything is in order and working and that there are no banned ESNs on the devices.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Keeping the phone. Thanks everyone. Btw how do I close or delete this thread since its solved?
Edit the title.
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:09 PM   #14
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
No way to really close the thread... just let it die.

If he is offering $250 on top of everything else that is a pretty good deal. I would take it, but I would be cautious. Make sure everything is in order and working and that there are no banned ESNs on the devices.
An iPad can have the esn banned? It's a wifi model. Speaking to him now he is going to think about$300 and there's a seller selling an s3 for. 300 so I might take the deal. I showed him the post of the s3 so I think he actually wants to help me stay with an lte phone and get the iPad
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:12 PM   #15
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

To me it's a stupid deal, I would keep the iPhone 5 and just get an iPad Mini with celluar or something. I wouldn't downgrade to a 4S, in fact I would never downgrade.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:24 PM   #16
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
To me it's a stupid deal, I would keep the iPhone 5 and just get an iPad Mini with celluar or something. I wouldn't downgrade to a 4S, in fact I would never downgrade.
Would you go for iPad and s3?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:30 PM   #17
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Would you go for iPad and s3?
Nah I tried the S3 and I didn't like it, the OS and the looks of the phone turned me off
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:57 PM   #18
1rottenapple
macrumors 65816

I don't really think an ipad is worth going back to a iPhone 4. Love the ip5 screen. iPads are too heavy.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone