Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1
ICEBreaker
macrumors 6502

"Holster" for iPad mini

Dear iPad mini owners,

Unlike other 7" tablets, the iPad mini's 7.9" makes it too large to fit inside a business suit breast pocket. In my view, this 0.9" larger screen size negates the portability aspect of the tablet. I am unsure why no one else seems concerned about this. I suppose it is perhaps most people do not wear suits, or those that do tend to carry the iPad in their bags or brief cases. But this is definitely a problem for those office workers who prefer to walk around with their hands free.

Anyway, I am looking a holster-like accessory that would allow me to carry the iPad mini underneath my suit. I have not had much success. Please let me know if you have seen something like this, or have other ideas on how to carry the iPad mini.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Thanks to peeaanuut, here's a photo of what I am looking for, but for the iPad mini instead of the iPhone.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb9e/?i=11514

Last edited by ICEBreaker; Nov 11, 2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added link
ICEBreaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:01 PM   #2
SpyderBite
macrumors 65816

Try Etsy. There are thousands of handmade designs for holsters, totes, etc. for just about any sized device.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:03 PM   #3
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
i know this is for an iPhone, but are you looking for something like this?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb9e/?srp=2

or this?

http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Mu...___Black-59113
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:17 PM   #4
ICEBreaker
macrumors 6502

Thank you for your prompt replies!

SpyderBite: Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking whether anyone from Kickstarter would come up with something. I've looked through the first 20 pages of Etsy's search results but don't see anything relevant yet. I'll keep an eye on it though.
http://www.etsy.com/search?q=ipad+mi...ery&ship_to=US

peeaanuut: Yup! Exactly like that. Hopefully, if they have it for the iPhone, they would probably make one for the iPad mini in a couple of months.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:25 PM   #5
normwood
macrumors 6502a

How about having a tailor sew larger pockets in your suit jackets?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:06 AM   #6
ICEBreaker
macrumors 6502

Hi normwood. Honestly don't know if you can just increase the size of an inner pocket. Just try to visualise how it can be done. As least it sounds like a lot of work and won't come cheaply. Since I have around half a dozen suits that I wear regularly, it might end up costing over half the price of the mini itself. For that price, I could probably own a Nexus 7 that fits in my pocket.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:32 AM   #7
LTAZR1
macrumors newbie

Holster for iPads

Check out Techslinger.com or on YouTube search Techsling for a way to carry an iPad under a jacket or suit coat.

Nathan
LTAZR1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:58 PM   #8
No6
macrumors newbie

A little different

It's not a holster but try this https://www.etsy.com/listing/151894983/ipad-mini-case
No6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:25 PM   #9
ICEBreaker
macrumors 6502

Thank you No6. I was again scouring the net for something similar just this past weekend, and found two great choices.

Tech Slinger - ($65) appears to be the better of the two, with the pros being: 1. a modular system, 2. allows for two pockets on either side, 3. comes in different sizes for 11 inch tablet and 8 inch tablets. [Thanks LTAZR1 for the recommendation.]

eHolster - ($40) would be good for those who only need to hold one tablet, and want the whole thing to also carry their phone, batteries, and other cables. This versatility in having multiple compartments might add to the bulk though.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 06:09 PM   #10
dsmwriterdiva
macrumors newbie

Hi, newbie here You might want to check out the "Tablet Butler" : www.thetabletbutler.com Right now it's only for minis, but it looks like they'll be making some for the regular iPads soon.
dsmwriterdiva is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Tags
holster, pocket, portability