Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nerdybooboo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2012
West coast PST
Have you ever regretted it?

I was just about to sell my iP3 yesterday (and get a mini), but changed my mind all of the sudden.

Am i making the right decision?

My hands are very small, but never find the iP3 too heavy, maybe because i am a 2 thumb typist. I always hold it with 2 hands anyways.

I know i will like the mini because i am 24.

It seems to me the resolution dilemma between the mini and 3/4 comes down to ageism?

clyde2801

macrumors 601
If it's working for you, why sell it at a loss? Unless you gotta have something that's smaller, or has more space, or need LTE if you currently have wifi only, it doesn't really make sense.

Smarter move may be to hang onto it until we start hearing some credible rumors of a new release, or after Apple announces a new press event that roughly corresponds to traditional iPad announcements (March or April).

nerdybooboo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2012
West coast PST
If it's working for you, why sell it at a loss? Unless you gotta have something that's smaller, or has more space, or need LTE if you currently have wifi only, it doesn't really make sense.

Smarter move may be to hang onto it until we start hearing some credible rumors of a new release, or after Apple announces a new press event that roughly corresponds to traditional iPad announcements (March or April).

Mine is LTE, but has only 16 gb :p:apple:

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Do it. It's worth it. I went from the iPad 3 to an iPad Mini. I do miss the retina goodness, but however people don't realize how light this thing is. I think that's the biggest reason why I love it. It's so light and compact. I held it in the air for about an hour to watch Walking Dead, and my arms never got tired. I forgot I was even holding the thing.

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
Went from iPad 1 to Mini. Couldn't be happier.
Just ordered another mini, a white one for the wife. She couldn't keep her hands off mine. :). They are awesome little devices. Perfect actually.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Me: Sold my iPad3 back in July and went back to an iPad 2. Sold iPad 2 before Mini launch. I'm very very happy with the Mini because its everything I wanted (except Apple dropped the ball in customizing the OS for a smaller screen)

Wife: SoldiPad3 with intention of getting iPad4. Bought her a Mini just to try. Hates the screen but loves the size and Now she doesn't want an iPad 4.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
If you are holding the 3rd, wait for the 5th with retina and slimmer, lighter body (hopefully)

Mini will end at gen 2 when Apple sell Ipad mini retina starting $399.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i sold my iPad 3 by the time apple revealed the iPad mini.

what i hate about iPad 3 is because of the retina display, things seem slower than the iPad 2. yes, the screen is nice to see, but sometimes scrolling in safari is not as smooth as the iPad 2.

A6x in the iPad 4 is what should have been in the iPad 3.

i love the mini, it feels so light and the design is beautiful. because of the smaller screen, it's a much better screen than the iPad 2.

i just wish iPad mini have 1gb of ram and A5x processor or A6x is even better, but a man can only dream until next year.

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
I sold my iPad 3 back in June, before any talk about a new version or a mini, mostly because I thought getting a laptop would cover my tablet needs.

Regretted it ever since I realized a laptop is a laptop, and a tablet is a tablet, they can't replace eachother.

But it all turned out nice since I only lost around $40 from my purchase price, and now I'm getting an iPad4 instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.