Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the.orange.tuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Hi guys,
I just updated my iPad to iOS 6.0.1 and the default weather app is gone, which means I can't check the weather by swiping down on the main screen. :mad:

What's going on? Anyone else have this problem? Can I add a different weather app to the swipe down notification center(if that's what you call it!)?

Thanks!

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
It didn't delete it. Go to Settings>Notifications>Weather Widget and switch Notification Center to "On". Maybe you accidentally clicked it at some point, but its still there I can guarantee you that.

the.orange.tuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Well, it's not there and matter of fact I just searched the iPad for Weather and the app is not on my iPad! lol

At first I thought it was there when I scrolled down Settings>Notifications>Weather, but it was a different Weather app that I had downloaded, not the default one.

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Weather was never on any iPad. It is only on iPod Touches and iPhones. I didn't realize you were on an iPad.

the.orange.tuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Well, that explains it then! That's rather inconsistent of Apple. Don't you think they should add it, so it's uniform across devices?

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
That was the first thing that i have noticed,weather and stocks apps are missing on ipad,even the widgets are missing but if you are lucky ,you can check the weather with siri.Probably in ios 7 they will add weather app on ipad and then call it "revolutionary" :D:apple:

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Calculator is missing also from iPad. I find it very strange probably pressure from developers who want to sell or ad heavy those simple but needed apps. To bad Game Center doesn't disappear

MMOTotal

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Azeroth
Well, that explains it then! That's rather inconsistent of Apple. Don't you think they should add it, so it's uniform across devices?

The iPad just got a clock app when iOS 6 was released. Still needs the weather and calculator but there are good alternatives in the app store.

I use Calculator HD for the iPad. Looks the exactly the same as the iPhone/iPod Touch one bad larger.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Apple wouldn't give PhotoBooth to iPhone and iPod touch. Just like the iPad lacks iOS 6 Passbook, Weather, Stocks, and Calculator, not to mention it also lacks a flash camera sensor like the iPod touch and iPhone...these are the little reasons I'd never get an iPad...The only thing I'd be gaining is Gestures...which I get on my Mac...and PhotoBooth I have on my Mac as well.

the.orange.tuba

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these inconsistencies are a little weird. Thanks for all the replies!

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
While talking about inconsistancies - and it isn't exactly on topic.
Why are thing such as Safari controls (< > bookmarks, etc) on the top on a iPad and on the bottom on a iPhone. This drives me a little nuts as you go back and forth. Apple sells all this as working the same way and part of one system yet they work differently if availble at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.