Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:26 PM   #1
StephenAndrew
macrumors member

iPad 4 GPS won't lock onto location?

This afternoon I had my iPad 4 in my car and decided to try to use the maps app, just for S&Gs. I had it connected to my iPhone 5's personal hotspot. The iPad got my approximate location, but never locked on - my iPhone locked on quickly. When I was in motion, the iPhone's beacon tracked me smoothly, but the beacon on the iPad would stay in once place for 15 or so seconds, then quickly jump to another approximate location several hundred feet down the road, and repeat that process. Here at my house, same thing. iPhone locks on, iPad won't. Did I get a bad unit?

Edit: Should have looked into this more before posting. I see that the WiFi version does not have true GPS, which must be why it isn't as accurate at the iPhone's GPS. Nevermind!

Last edited by StephenAndrew; Nov 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM.
StephenAndrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad