Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
We all need excuses to blow a wad full of cash. How else to justify it?

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
I would get a nano but I am too lazy to carry the cable to use it as a flash drive. The shuffle is so easy to use as a flash drive. Guess my $400 is going somewhere else.

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
i thought there was a promotion on apple's site for a free iPod nano with any iBook or PowerBook (if purchased by someone in "Education").. can't find it anymore!!!! has it
expired??

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
xparaparafreakx said:
I would get a nano but I am too lazy to carry the cable to use it as a flash drive. The shuffle is so easy to use as a flash drive. Guess my $400 is going somewhere else.
You know the iPod nano is $199 or $249, right?

dragonball05 said:
i thought there was a promotion on apple's site for a free iPod nano with any iBook or PowerBook (if purchased by someone in "Education").. can't find it anymore!!!! has it
expired??
That didn't include the iPod nano, and I think it's already over.
-Chase

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
rendezvouscp said:
That didn't include the iPod nano, and I think it's already over.
-Chase
Correct and correct. It's a shame they didn't include the Nano but I'm looking forward for their promotion next summer. I'd like to have an excuse to but a new Intel Power Book along with a nano or some crazy iPod they have by then.

dragonball05

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Josh396 said:
Correct and correct. It's a shame they didn't include the Nano but I'm looking forward for their promotion next summer. I'd like to have an excuse to but a new Intel Power Book along with a nano or some crazy iPod they have by then.

i'm actually sure they had a promo that gave an iPod nano for free with any
powerbook. Several of my students got it this way...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
dragonball05 said:
i'm actually sure they had a promo that gave an iPod nano for free with any powerbook. Several of my students got it this way...
I'm a college student... the 'Student Union Rebate' was buy a qualifying Mac (not the CD-rom iBook, no Mac minis, and maybe no emacs? not sure about that one) and get a free iPod mini-- or put that $179+ toward another iPod (not including the shuffles nor the nano).

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
devilot76 said:
I'm a college student... the 'Student Union Rebate' was buy a qualifying Mac (not the CD-rom iBook, no Mac minis, and maybe no emacs? not sure about that one) and get a free iPod mini-- or put that $179+ toward another iPod (not including the shuffles nor the nano).

I'm not a college student, but I may or may not play one on TV- and I'm pretty sure this was the deal. I looked into it 'cause I manage to get an edu discount. Therre was a thread on this topic too - concluded no nano with Student Union. Maybe your powerbook friends are very slick and beguiling and coerced a young co ed at the apple store to bend the rules... :D

Yes - the pen drive thing, it's cool that you can have your music files and CIA Operation MK-ULTRA files on the same portable device! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.