Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Sdahe
macrumors 68000
 
Sdahe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Juan, PR
Where are the iPhone 5 in AT&T?

OMG... Still no iPhone 5 in Att.. I've been waiting since it came out and nothing. What's happening. People is taking advantage of this situation and they are selling the 16Gb model from $800 to $1,000... When will people be getting their iphones from att?
__________________
iMac 27" 2.7GHz i5 | iPhone 5S 32GB | Apple TV
Sdahe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:47 PM   #2
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000
 
lelisa13p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
I don't understand what you mean. AT&T U.S. is selling them.
lelisa13p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:01 PM   #3
tymaster50
macrumors 68030
 
tymaster50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
the AT&T one is in high demand, don't really know why since the Verizon one is the one thats compatible with most other countries.
tymaster50 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
iPhone 5 Ship Times Improve to 2-3 Weeks.
Apple's online store is now listing ship times for the iPhone 5 at 2-3 weeks, a slight improvement from the previous 3-4 week wait faced by customers.
Just order one online.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Bobby.e
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas
I got one just 2 weeks ago.
Bobby.e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:24 PM   #6
apollo1444
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
the AT&T one is in high demand, don't really know why since the Verizon one is the one thats compatible with most other countries.
depends on how you look at it, the at&t one is compatible with 5 lte carriers in canada and one in mexico (recent lte launch)

most of the americas will use the a4128 one
apollo1444 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:41 PM   #7
sulliweb
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdahe View Post
OMG... Still no iPhone 5 in Att.. I've been waiting since it came out and nothing. What's happening. People is taking advantage of this situation and they are selling the 16Gb model from $800 to $1,000... When will people be getting their iphones from att?
Have you ordered one? Pardon, a better question, have you gone to an AT&T store, not an Apple Store or Apple online, to order one?

I went to the local AT&T Store Friday and ordered a phone. It shipped today. I'm hoping it will be at the store for pickup tomorrow. The wait times are getting much shorter at AT&T. Apple is just limiting what they sell through their site to keep up with carrier demand, I'd imagine.

I understand that it's an Apple product, but still, I'd check with your local AT&T store. You'll probably get one pretty quickly.
__________________
A voice of reason... in a world gone Mac.
sulliweb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:50 PM   #8
John Adams
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX USA
What good is a "release date" when only a tiny percentage of those who want an iPhone 5 can get one and the rest of the masses have to wait a month or two. It's ridiculous.
__________________
Late 2012 13" Macbook Pro Retina
iPhone 5S, 64gb, Verizon
iPad 4, 16gb, Verizon
John Adams is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:05 PM   #9
scaredpoet
macrumors 603
 
scaredpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
the AT&T one is in high demand, don't really know why since the Verizon one is the one thats compatible with most other countries.
For LTE, yes. For HSPA, the AT&T iPhone 5 will work just fine.

Think of it this way: most Americans buying an iPhone 5 will not travel out of the country with it. While many will travel, a good portion of it will be in the US, or maybe Canada/Mexico.

Of the small percentage that will go out of country, you've got a good portion of folks who will restrict their data usage to hotel wifi. And so, the vast majority will never touch LTE. The remainder who either roam or unlock will be either unaware of the difference (and might not even notice being on HSPA+), will probably be fine with HSPA+, or have the disposable income to buy a separate iPhone 5 to use while they're there, if they REALLY want to use LTE that badly.

So, am I spending more time out of the US, or IN the US? Since I spend most of my time stateside, I want my phone to work best when I'm here in the US. That means having a phone that works well here... including having simultaneous voice and data. For that, you need AT&T.
__________________
If you're not a clairvoyant, then you shouldn't be speaking for a dead guy.
I'm here to talk about Apple stuff, and related tech stuff. Your political beliefs? I really couldn't care less about.
scaredpoet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:07 PM   #10
Afbar1114
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
i a vow one last week no issue walked into BBY and bought it. but granted this was the 4th one i tried because others had either sprint or att. apple even had them in stock at store just not vzw so when i found the 64gb black i bought it
__________________
MBP 13", 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD in Optical bay|iPad mini| 2TB Time Capsule| iPhone 5s 32GB| AppleTV
Afbar1114 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:08 PM   #11
tymaster50
macrumors 68030
 
tymaster50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredpoet View Post
For LTE, yes. For HSPA, the AT&T iPhone 5 will work just fine.

Think of it this way: most Americans buying an iPhone 5 will not travel out of the country with it. While many will travel, a good portion of it will be in the US, or maybe Canada/Mexico.

Of the small percentage that will go out of country, you've got a good portion of folks who will restrict their data usage to hotel wifi. And so, the vast majority will never touch LTE. The remainder who either roam or unlock will be either unaware of the difference (and might not even notice being on HSPA+), will probably be fine with HSPA+, or have the disposable income to buy a separate iPhone 5 to use while they're there, if they REALLY want to use LTE that badly.

I think of it this way: Am I spending more time out of the US, or IN the US? Since I spend most of my time stateside, I want my phone to work best when I'm here in the US. That means having a phone that works well here... including having simultaneous voice and data. For that, you need AT&T.
If you're a busy business person then yes the AT&T one is more preferable, if you travel a lot the Verizon one is more preferable since their LTE coverage almost covers the entire US.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:14 PM   #12
scaredpoet
macrumors 603
 
scaredpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
What good is a "release date" when only a tiny percentage of those who want an iPhone 5 can get one and the rest of the masses have to wait a month or two. It's ridiculous.
If 5 million is a "tiny percentage," then I don't know it's possible Apple will EVER catch up. That doesn't mean they shouldn't ever release anything, though.

Not bad for an un-innovative, defective, laggard product that no one will want, huh?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
if you travel a lot the Verizon one is more preferable since their LTE coverage almost covers the entire US.
...and is completely useless to you the moment you get a call. There's tradeoffs, and that lack of SVD is a pretty big one for some people. Not to mention HSPA+ is pretty fast in its own right.
__________________
If you're not a clairvoyant, then you shouldn't be speaking for a dead guy.
I'm here to talk about Apple stuff, and related tech stuff. Your political beliefs? I really couldn't care less about.
scaredpoet is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:43 PM   #13
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816
 
LapsangSouchong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: the burrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdahe View Post
OMG... Still no iPhone 5 in Att.. I've been waiting since it came out and nothing. What's happening. People is taking advantage of this situation and they are selling the 16Gb model from $800 to $1,000... When will people be getting their iphones from att?
I bought mine AT the AT&T store (not my preference, but, meh).
Do you mean the one you ordered??
__________________
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself.
Air, Imac, Black/Slate iPhone 5 (GSM)
LapsangSouchong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:43 PM   #14
tymaster50
macrumors 68030
 
tymaster50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredpoet View Post
If 5 million is a "tiny percentage," then I don't know it's possible Apple will EVER catch up. That doesn't mean they shouldn't ever release anything, though.

Not bad for an un-innovative, defective, laggard product that no one will want, huh?

----------



...and is completely useless to you the moment you get a call. There's tradeoffs, and that lack of SVD is a pretty big one for some people. Not to mention HSPA+ is pretty fast in its own right.
Well if you're on a call you shouldn't really be looking anything up anyway lols unless you're on a computer. It's not a breaking feature. The only scenarios I could see you needing it is if you have to look up the location for something or the name/info of a place. I'm not a phone person so it's not an issue to me.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:45 PM   #15
John Adams
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredpoet View Post
Not bad for an un-innovative, defective, laggard product that no one will want, huh?
Who said that?
__________________
Late 2012 13" Macbook Pro Retina
iPhone 5S, 64gb, Verizon
iPad 4, 16gb, Verizon
John Adams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 PM   #16
Sdahe
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Sdahe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Juan, PR
I went to an ATT store tonight and they got the iphone5... one of the guys there told me they just got them today. I got a Galaxy S3 insted.. in white.. beautiful
__________________
iMac 27" 2.7GHz i5 | iPhone 5S 32GB | Apple TV
Sdahe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:17 PM   #17
alphaod
macrumors Core
 
alphaod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 上海 (Shanghai)
I get mine from the Apple Store.
__________________
Mac Pro | Mac mini | 15" MacBook Pro | iPad Air | iPhone 6
alphaod is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 5 Official Review, Unboxing, & Comparison (B&W Versions) vs iPhone 4 -djSkee Omacc iPhone 0 Sep 21, 2012 11:19 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC